The performances and the performers

Spoilers for up till chapter 12 of Baylou's characters

The group chat

It all started with a game night, it was Halloween and an annual online Halloween game night with the friendship group arrived however two people (including Astrid's performer) had not been in the greatest of interests to each other.

Considering Astrid's performer had caused many of arguments in the group as a deal I (Harth and Lone's performer) would set up a new group chat as an apology for being removed and unable to attend the game night. This group chat was named after a shared favourite v-tuber (virtual YouTuber) me and Astrid's performer had and was themed towards what they were partially known for.

I don't quite remember how it happened, I believe was making up nicknames themed to the royal castle to eachother and it ended up extending to character sheets I made and a picrew we all used, it turned into "role play" originally as a joke the characters would all run around without a care in the world. It was chaotic and lovely no depressing lore to be found- heck we didn't even have any world building!

You can still see references to the old things we used to do in chapters and even a very important character that'll be introduced later on mirroring the v-tuber we originally talked about. However if it stayed like this I don't know if it would've ever been made into a book, would've had a better chance as an indie animation on YouTube...

The performances begin

Astrid's performer had fallen out with many people from the friendship group and a lot of people who heard about these "role plays" and would want to join but couldn't, while it was a bit confusing why Astrid's performer left and starting ghosting us it would end up being a great decision as it would finally initiate theses "role plays" to become so much more then they were and become an ongoing book. After a week or so when we gave up hope of Astrid coming back we added Fern and Sylvester/Itto's performers, originally Fern was ecstatic and would always ask for more performances and even helped to make the power ranking system. By now I was already having through the of making this something to release to the public, the world building with Cyrus performer was great and we felt like it could've been expanded on even more.

The person to finally influence the story was Sylvester and Itto's performer, they brought another level of depth and lore and finally started to show an ongoing story that this could become. Lone and Harth originally were embarrassingly lovey dovey with each other and they managed to inspire me to change it into something a bit more dark and sinister. With this the sessions became more frequent and Fern stopped appearing as much (later gaining the title of "absentee protagonist" with the group) however it finally gave me the courage to, set a challenge.

I was already writing some of the sessions into books and I decided to make a goal on HoYoLAB "if I reach 200 followers by (don't know what I said) I'll post the first chapter", it took 4 days to reach 200 followers as one of my posts blew up. So I released it on here and then eventually chapter 2, and then I decided to go ahead and continue making the whole thing an ongoing book. With this however we took a break until we were all caught up but now we have finally decided a time and day to do weekly so we can make the book a weekly thing!

How it influenced the performers

I guess I should probably mention that only the actors of said character know when how and what's gonna happen to there characters and there back stories so they decide and call the shots. Despite being the "author" I only know what's going to happen to Harth and Lone, however I will say when you do find out it will be the end of the book, however doesn't make me any less of an author I still spend hours writing these chapters converting it into book form!

There's actually quite a few characters that have actors that aren't as well known, some that haven't even been introduced yet! They all have offical titles and some even have the same actors!

Fern: The Monarchs assistant
Harth: The Knight Captain? (Author)
Cyrus: The Monarch
Lone: the actor (Author)
Sylvester: the musician (itto)
Bartholomew: The Servant
Itto: the mercenary (Sylvester)
Michelle: The Royal blacksmith (Fyonda)
Alexandra: The Pirate Captain
Halobean: The Jester
Kate: The Royal Gardener
Zak: The Royal cook
Coleman: The deceased Royal librarian
Astrid: the deceased Monarch
Rin: The capitals Monarch  (Author)
Fyonda: Michelle's lover  (Author/michelle)

The relationships between most the performers now have changed drastically! For example Harth and Sylvester's relationship was very hyped not only between the cast but even friends who now watch and read the book as if it was a video game, me and Sylvester's actor got very close talking about the two and shortly after their kiss in chapter 12 me and them started dating (don't worry we promised it wouldn't effect the book in anyway).

Congratulations for the people who still decide to ship toaster (itto x Sylvester) after everything harvester (Harth x Sylvester) have been through.

We truly wanted everyone to enjoy this as if it was a game or tv show and we will try in the future to make it even more possible to do so! Perhaps maybe soon we will start posting some unofficial skits on our YouTube channel!

To be continued...

This book will be updated with more little facts Easter eggs and explanations about the book shortly and not all coming from me, other performers may also have the chance to write chapters to tell you everything you need to know about there characters!

In the mean time are there any questions you'd like to ask about the book or performers please comment them and we will answer them later (this can be directed to any of the characters!)