✧Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5✧

Credits: umemegn on X

TW: La Signora being physically harsh (nothing to bad nor descriptive! Just thought I'd mention it.)

ఌ︎

After a few weeks, you sort of got a bit more used to doing certain commissions, you had gotten used to certain parts of Snezhnaya, near this city, you are currently still residing in.
Of course it did take you a while, since you are incredibly unfamiliar with this part of Genshin.
What makes it all the worse, is the fact that for some reason the names of certain plants and tree's and even food is [REDACTED], which has led you to some quite embarrassing moments, ones you do not wish to remember, but keep getting reminded of by your brain, since you had no idea what you had to look for and therefore had to ask, many people seeming so incredibly on edge.

In any case, you were able to buy a helpful map, which was similar to the one you have in the game, expect it expanded only to Snezhnaya and was slightly more detailed, since it doesn't focus on more than one nation.

And so after around 6 months, you saved up enough money to not need Childe's anymore.
It sure was a pain, mainly because you had to skip multiple meals on multiple ocassions, quite the unhealthy solution, but there's not much you can do now is there.

For some reason that lingering feeling of regret seemed to have not left you whenever you would skip meals.
Is it because you physically just can't eat as much as you could, before that happened? Or because it would turn out, that Tartaglia actually just left you that money on purpose?

It's not the best of ideas to think much about that though.
At least for now, while you're still laying jn your warm bed on this freezing morning.

Whether you were or were not planning on falling asleep again, didn't matter, as you ended up doing so either way.
By the time you woke up, it was already around 8 pm.

You seriously slept for that long?
Well damn.

You're body was aching, begging you to get up and strech, to get up and go for a walk, anything, just to not lay any longer.

Once you did in fact got up cramps imediatelly hit you all at the same time in the entirety of your left leg and then your feet.

It felt like death.
It was genuinely so painful.
Once the cramps eased, you could finally start streching properly.
You desperately need a good strech.

And so after a while, despite your body still hurting, it is no longer as bad as it was just a few minutes ago.

In any case, you had decided to go out for a walk, not really feeling up for anything, not even lazing around.
At times like this, the urge to have your phone back was immense.

ఌ︎

As you were walking you moved passed all sorts of shops and couldn't help but stop at a bakery.

The hunger was getting more and more unbearable, and surely if you were to waste a bunch of Mora, it wouldn't suddenly make you go bankrupt, now would it?

You got whatever you fancied and ate it at a cute little bench.
Some birds decided to land near you, staring at you as if trying to discretly ask you for food.

After a few moments of intense thinking, you decided to feed the birds, just a bit, afterall you do also need to eat.

decided to enter a forest, suddenly wanting to make something out of the snow.
Regret was quick to envelope you as the cold of each and every snowflake brough nothing but frostbite to your hands.

Out of nowhere you suddenly heard some quite, distant shuffles and talk.
Hesitantly you approached the place which the sounds came from, soon enough regretting that as well.

There were some Fatui agents bringing all sorts of boxes of many sizes onto plenty of ships.

What worried you dearly, was the lack of harbinger in sight.
You can never be overly cautious when those sort of people are around.

And so, just as you were going to turn around, your cheeks were seized by a strong and fierce grip.
A blonde lady with gray eyes sneering at you.

"Just what could a random citizen possibly be doing here? And with a... Colleague's coat at that." The way she said "colleague's" made it obvious she knew it belongs to Tartaglia.

Though it should probably be obvious by the crystal accessory. And there might be Childe's symbol somewhere on it, that you just so happened to miss.

You were currently staring at none other than the eyes of La Signora.
Pain filled where she gripped your face, she used only one hand, which made her grip all the more impressive.

Thankfully she wasn't using her nails to tear through the flesh on your cheeks and possibly reach your teeth.

"Well? Are you just going to stay quiet?" Her voice is just as impatient as it can be.
We're you really not replying for a long time?

With a light exhale you responded "My sincerest apologies... Your colleague and I happened to cross paths and out of pure kindness, he let me borrow his coat. I assure I was simply trying to find him to return it, I did not by any means, try to spy."
Although it wasn't the full nor pure truth, you didn't really lie all too much either.

With a low and displeased sigh she let go of you and spoke threateningly.
"I suggest you run along to your residence, before something bad happens to you."

"Of course. Once again, I'm really sorry. I'll be leaving now." You could only speed walk away.
You were surprised she didn't offer taking the coat and assuring you she'd give it to Childe, simply to torture you. But then again Rosalyne isn't completely unreasonable.

Truly if what you said was the complete truth, there is no reason for her to bother with you, let alone go out of her way to give the darned coat back to it's rightful owner, who she is clearly not fond of.

ఌ︎

On your way back, you could only mentally curse yourself out.
What sort of bad luck is this? Running into three Fatui Harbingers in the span of around 7 months.

7 months?
That's not that little, but still.
Many apparently don't get to cross paths with Harbingers that easily.

Finally you returned to the hotel and imediately went to the bathroom, just to see if there were any fingerprints from LA Signora's crazy grip.

There are.
There are in fact fingerprints.
On your face.

"What the f-"

ఌ︎

RANDOM FACTS:
●𝙻𝚊 𝚂𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚎.
●𝚈𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚌𝚒𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚖𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚂𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢.