✧Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6✧

Credits: Hoyoverse

Tw: None once again

ఌ︎

". . ." At this very moment, you sitting at a cafe, with Childe once again in front of you.
"Well, why are you just staring at me like that comrade?" He asked in what seemed like a fakely innocent tone.

To make the situation clearer, you must first remember what happened before this, that is the most relevant.

Not long ago, at least a week before this, but three days after the Signora incident, you had decided to buy proper clothes for the wintery land, and had wasted quite the big amount of money, only for you to now be informed of Tartaglia's unwillingness to take the coat and the money he had left with you, back.

All those starving days were for nothing.
You've been insisting on giving it all back to him for around an hour, but he didn't budge, saying stuff like:
"No no, I already got a new coat by now. And the money was just a tip for you. You seemed to be in a stressful and financially unstable situation, I couldn't just let you starve or freeze to death, you know? That would be too cruel." with the kindest smile he could muster up.
You had trouble reading him, as he seemed so genuine, yet at the same time you weren't sure if that's the full story.
Yes he may have a point, but leaving that very coat, the one the Harbingers match with the Tsaritsa, and that big sum of money? A pass at it's fullest.

But it would be a lie if you were to say you aren't greatful.

"Mr Tartaglia. If you could please just take it back. I am very very thankful, really. But it's just too much." As much as you would love to just stop insisting, mainly because you knew nothing would work, you don't dare try to slip up your act.
Thankfully you remember the approximate look and feel of yourself you gave to him, so you will have to stick to it.

Even a single slip up can be turned against you.

"Please, there's no need to continue on arguing about this, seriously. We're just about to get food as well, it might taste a disgusting type of bitter if you don't."
You weren't too sure what that's supposed to mean. He made it sound both like a normal plead to stop and a threat. Maybe also a warning?

Now it's the perfect time for you to stop.
You were getting tired of it afterall.

Sighing, you rubbed your templates and spoke breathily: "Alright, Mr Tartaglia. Just- don't do things like that.. Ever again.." You'd be happier than ever if he would.

He simply huffed proudly and smiled, then finally announcing a happy: "Of course!"

And so the food arrived and you both dug in.
Just like the first day.
The thing about it though, is that you don't remember much from it, probably because of all the stress you were experiencing, which is why on ocassions you got a sense of deja vu.
Quite the amount of time has passed from it, but whether you had good memory or not really didn't matter, because it's worsened.
Not in any drastic way, of course.

Childe's constant talking happened to put your mind off of many things, even for just a moment.
You were greatful, once again.

The things you owe to this man are just too numbered.

ఌ︎

After you both finished eating, you had realized it was already late, and were planning to leave.
At least..
I'd you knew how to kindly get him to stop talking.

Somehow you got onto the theme of house chore's and equality in family, this dude just doesn't want to stop talking.

Though his perspective of these things is quite interesting.
Thinking stuff like knowing how to cook well and clear, etc. makes someone stronger, is not exactly surprising in Childe, but is at the same time.