Chapter 3: Storm

I felt in my muddled reality——- that I was being picked up. I heard voices and a dog barking. My head throbbed. I was cold, hot, and in pain.

    What was happening. I could still hear the faint noise of the wind. Why isn't it louder. I can't see. I don't remember exactly what happened. A tree. Roof. Dog. Scream. It's all mixed together like Shepards pie dough.

My head was bobbed back and forth. I hear whispering in my ear. Ringing. And a sound of ssshhhhhh.

———————————————————————————

I woke up with a headache. The darkness still covering our village. The trees are rustling loudly and the stars bright.

The wind is still howling. Things are still whipping around through the air. I look around. My head is throbbing. The villagers are all crowding in this area. They are calling for others for their kids, parents, animals. I sit up, my head makes me groan in complaint.

"Aisling! Thank the lord you're awake!" Fiona leans down.

"What happened." I say.

"We don't know, the winds are heavenly strong tonight." Fiona says.

"Where is everyone? My family, Collin, Laoise?" I look around worriedly.

"Your father and Collin are looking for villagers. Your mother and sister are handing out food to everyone. Laoise is probably with her family." Fiona explains.

"Everyone! We need to move!" My Father calls out loudly to all of the villagers.

He walks towards the farm fields. "Well. Come On! It's safer out there."

The village follows him. The ground is muddy snow. Branches, roof shingles and more are whipping around. The person in front of me gets hit directly in the head with a stone. Someone helps them up.

We make are way to the potato fields, it's safer there as we are farther away from our village of Ballykil.

———————————————————————————

     Laoise and I huddle together with the rest of the village children. We took a shortcut through the woods to get to the potato fields and quite a lot of people were injured by branches and such. We are telling stories to the kids to keep them calm until morning.

    "And so the dragon was slated by the brave knight Tiernan." Laoise ends the story.

   "Really, do dragons exist. Is that why there is so much wind? Does somebody need to slay a dragon?" One of the kids panics.

   I put my hand on their shoulder and comfort them. "No, don't worry."

   "Aisling?" Imogen comes up to me and asks.

   "Yes? What is the matter?" I ask.

    "Do you know where Fergal is?" She asks worriedly.

    Fergal is her old rag dog doll. She always carries him with her and absolutely cannot sleep without him.

   "I'm afraid not, maybe you left him in the house, we can always try when the wind dies down." I suggest.

    "Fergal is gone forever!" She starts crying.

    "No, that's not what I said at all." I hug her and hold her while she cries.

    Eventually everyone lays down to try to sleep.

———————————————————————————

    When dawn falls on Ireland, I wake up. Imogen lays next to me. Her brown hair laying against the grass. Wait.. brown. Imogen has auburn hair, another village girl must have rolled over next to me, but where is Imogen?

I stand in up and brush the dirt off of my nightgown. Where is Imogen? I look all over the makeshift camp.

Where is Imogen?

———————————————————————————

Hello,

I am not good at cliffhangers but I hope that one was okay. Please comment and vote. I would really appreciate it. Also I have a question what Wattpad book would I like? Cause I finished all of mine. So... Comment! And Vote! I would like to get a 100 views!

Bye,
TheLittleMermaid