Like cocount 🥥

Pez's POV
When Mandy came to congratulate me that made my stomach explode with butterflies. Thats the hold she has on me. She said it casually but i know how much she appreciates good knocks. We may have not won the match but it helped us to increase our hopes to do better in upcoming matches. We all went info dressing room and there we had a little appreciation ceremony for the ones that did extra ordinary in the match. After that I was searching for Mandy but search for her every corner and I was not able to find her. I knew where she would be so I immediately went there and saw that she is in the thoughts. I went near her and said.
" what are you doing here mate,are you alright,are you facing any problem?"

" hey Perry I'm fine. I was just thinking about today's game and overall performance of our team throughout tournament, just that." She said

" We did great tonight. Yeah I know as a captain you are gonna have more responsibilities than anyone else in the team but nothing too much. You gonna be stressed about it. And I don't think so Stress is an answer for anything. You can share your thoughts with me you know"

" I don't know what to actually feel you know I just don't know how to open up to someone other than one person. I never did in my life so please dont take it personal."

" you know that opening up to a stranger is much more easier than to a loved one you can try to tell me it does not have to be something big you can share even small problem like related to match. Im all ears."

" I just feel that I am not a good leader. I think my team could do better if someone else like you or Devine would have been the leader the results would be really different than one right now. I just it's like I can't contribute to the team in anyway, neither I am scoring runs or you know so that's making me think where I am lacking. I'm just so caught up in this mess that I can't think straight"

"You are just overthinking. You know that the team members just admire you so much the motivational speech that you give before and after the match without showing any signs of frustration or anger, even after we lose a game you say it's teamwork. We win together we lose together, that's what you say then why are you thinking that it's all your responsibility only. We can't perform as a team that lead us to not win a game so don't think overthink. I would say because it's just gonna affect your mental health you're a great captain and player, you today itself said me that right that comebacks are greater than setbacks, so your comeback would be coming really soon don't give up it could be in next game so play bold mate. I would say this we adore you as a captain & we admire you as a player." I said that with smile

" thank you i am really grateful that you personally came and talked to me even though you were not obligated to do so that means a lot." She replied with a small appreciative smile( damn Mandy my heart is going to explode just seeing you fucking smile) and then i went from there to team bus that was waiting for us and after sometime Mandy also followed me.

This was the beginning of blooming friendship love care and trust between the two. The mutual understanding about each others emotions & its a sight to hold.

 The mutual understanding about each others emotions & its a sight to hold