Chapter 24: Match

Killing each other was not easy. As Mich expected, you've grown stronger, so different from the first time she tried to kill you. She may have the upper hand from time to time but you were able to attack her back and hold your ground.

You breathe heavily after spitting the blood inside your mouth. Mich's kick a while ago was strong but not enough to kick a tooth inside your mouth. She, on the other side, just glanced at the tear on her right sleeve. Your sword reached her arm, cutting through her uniform and to her skin but it wasn't deep enough for her to worry about.

Once more, you charged towards her. While attacking her, she remained standing in the same spot. It implies that she could fight back without the need to move much. That's a pretty insult so you aimed to make her step back or move her from that spot.

 That's a pretty insult so you aimed to make her step back or move her from that spot

(credits to myarmoury)

It took several attacks before you found an opening. Like what you did in the past, you purposely aim your sword at her where she can easily block your attack and slide your sword downwards.

 Like what you did in the past, you purposely aim your sword at her where she can easily block your attack and slide your sword downwards

(credits to u-007)

You immediately flip your sword to reverse it back, the sharp blade aiming at the target. With the risk of your wrist, you slid your sword upwards through her sword. Your speed and how unusual of an attack it is caught Mich off guard. The tip of your sword drew a line from chin up to her eyebrow. If she delayed a few seconds to step back, it would've sliced deeper catching her eyeball. She now has a broken thin line of blood on her face.

"Fffffuck." Her fingers touched the wound in her face. She looks at you deadly as she licks her own blood from the tip of her finger.

The transponder on her marine coat pocket rang. She took it from her pocket and answered the call without breaking eye contact.

" Captain Mich!" a male voice shouted while his rough panting could be heard. He seems to be running in panic. " I obtained the devil fruit but all of the 50 pirates... I think they were killed one by one after I ran away!"

You're eyes widened because of the devil fruit mentioned but was also thankful that your crew was able to fight such numbers.

" What?! We tried to separate them to lessen the Kid pirate force on the ship and 50 didn't handle them?!"