The Enemy's Gift.

Aisha arrived late to the hostel. She looked at the time, realising it was past her curfew. She still had the shirt in her hand, while she was still distracted by Armaan's mystery gift. Was he being legitimate? Did he really get her something? And how did he know it was her birthday? She began speculating, until she reached her room. She placed her bag to the side, while throwing Armaan's shirt on the bed. Shreya was present, folding her clothes. When she saw Aisha and her face lit up.

"Oh hey girl! I have a surprise for you."

"What?"

"This?"

She protruded out a box, as Aisha eyes grew excited.

"This is for you, birthday girl! I didn't know it was your birthday until Ishika came by. She wanted to wish you personally, but you took a while coming back. What held you back? Because apparently you had the day off. Lucky, though. Because then I had ample time to get you something."

Armaan. And he literally did held her back, as she visualised his broad arms and muscles in the bathroom. After the office mishap, she went straight to Juhu Beach, to rewind for a bit. She was missing her family terribly, that the sand and water beneath her made her feel as if she was home celebrating with them.

Aisha just told Shreya about her beach trip.

"Aww, come here."

Aisha accepted Shreya's hug. Though her eyes travelled to the shirt on the bed.

"What's that?"

Aisha froze. She didn't want to tell her about Armaan yet.

"Oh, it's a shirt."

"I can see that. But why do you have a stained shirt?"

Shreya was very observant. Which explained how she always managed to sniff out the intentions of her prior ex boyfriends.

"It's actually a long story. Besides leave it. Let's see what you brought me."

Shreya didn't probe any further, as Aisha excitedly opened the red box. She peered inside, pulling out a beautiful baby blue gown.

"Shreya. This must have cost a ton. How did you get this?"

"I got a good deal from a designer friend. Besides it's not the value that counts, but the thought behind it. And before you reject it. Let me tell you, that I've shifted from modeling to ad shoots now. It's a big leap from just placing a hand on my hip and smiling like a fool."

"Oh my gosh! Congrats Shreya! I'm so happy for you. And thank you so much. I couldn't have asked for a better friend in Mumbai!"

"I wanted to bring a smile on your face. Since you've been working really hard these days."

Aisha smiled.

"Thank you once again! But that reminds me, I have to call Chris."

Aisha finally returned Chris's hundredth call as he scolded her on the phone.

"Aisha! I've been calling you all day. It's your eighteenth birthday. Your officially a grown up now."

"I had an eventful day. I'm sorry I didn't call you back sooner."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes. Off course! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because the Aisha I know would be jumping with joy knowing that she's turning eighteen."

Aisha realized her tone was way off.

"No. It's nothing like that. I was just thinking about you and my parents. If I was back home, we would have been cutting a cake at the Lurve Shack."