Chapter 2: The Mimic

Fear may have taken a lesser soul than he in situations such as this. Starring down death in the form of a magic wielding brute. Sebastian, however, had learned over his years of surviving, that the fastest way to die is to fear death. 

 Even foes as big as this had a weakness somewhere, you either had to exploit it, or hide and hope they didn't find you. The latter of which didn't seem like a plausible possibility as the brute slashed wildly at the shelves in the hopes of slicing at something alive by random chance. Which eventually would unluckily slice through Sebastian's soft flesh.

 The possibilities raced themselves across Sebastian's mind. He could run, but could he outrun all of them? He could fight. But he doubted he could kill them all. One or two perhaps, depending on the severity of their training in hand to hand combat. Five people would be a tough feat even if they weren't god followers. Although since sitting here wasn't an option he had to pick one of them.

 "Stinking strays." The brute said to himself, "It's either a godless or an idol worshiper. Don't know which one is worse."

 "Could be one of them animal humpers." said one of them with a slithery voice.

 "Would've shown themselves if they were of the Shirka pride. We got a pact of non violence remember?"

 "Never underestimate the stupidity of humans Brandon."

  "Last chance stranger!" The woman called out. "If you are of a pact following, no harm will come to you."

 "Think I might just kill 'im even if he does show his face." The big one said to himself, quiet enough so that they couldn't hear him. "Haven't had me a helpin' of flesh in a while. Been cravin' a kill I have."

 There was no other choice. Sebastian would have to act bold to get out of this one.

 "There you are!" The big one said, not loud enough for the rest to hear him, as Sebastian emerged.

 "I come in peace." Sebastian said, raising his hands to show no weapon. "It would be mighty nice of you to just let me go. We can all just walk out of here in one piece."

 "You ain't walkin' out of here at all scum." He laughed, the muscles on his enormous arms bouncing with excitement. "I'mma rip you in two." He brandished his arm blades as a means of intimidation.

 "There's no need for violence friend." Sebastian said charismatically. He lifted a hand and produced a small ball made of the same energy as the big ones arm blades. "See? I'm one of you. A friend. . .I'm with that Pride of Shookah." 

 "Pride of Shirka?" The brute asked.

 "Exactly! I'm with the Pride of Shirka. Of which you clearly have a treaty with, so just let me go or else my leader will surely hear of this one."

 "If you're Shirka then show me your animal form." The brute said.

 Sebastian paused.

 "Didn't think so." The brute said, brandishing his weapons.

 "Now, I don't know much about Mican law but I'm pretty sure that's against your code is it not? To kill without good reason? I'm sure your friends there behind you would agree with me." Sebastian said.

 The brute turns around. "Ain't no one behind m-."

 Sebastian shot the man square in the forehead. The brute fell to the ground crashing through the shelves as he did.

 "One bullet left. Time to go buddy." Sebastian said to the animal as he scooped him up into his arms. In two swift motions he launched himself over the dog food bags and began sprinting through the aisles.