Train Ride to my Death

I tried putting on a brave face for my parents, but I think I failed because they still looked sad and upset and worried. I couldn't stop thinking about the sick twisted tourture the Capitol is planning for me. Many people tried to talk to me, Pheonix, mom, dad, Effie, and even Haymitch, my mom and dad's mentor when they were in the games, but they all failed.

I locked myself in my room,taking in the beauty of it. The bed was in the middle of the medium sized room,with a large screen like wall on the left and a white wall with a dresser on the right. There was all type of beauty products on the dresser and clean clothes in the drawers. I found dark green pants and a tank top in one of the drawers which I changed into. Then I relaxed (sort of...) on the bed.After what felt like years I finally feel asleep. I dreamed of my brutal murder and the thousands of people laughing and thinking of how amusing it is.

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs,something rarely found in 12. I wandered my way into the dining car for the breakfast of a lifetime. My parents were talking to Pheonix on survival techniques and hints to how the gamemakers work. Everyone paused when I walked in.

"Morning sweetheart how did you sleep?"my dad asked with concern in his voice. "Fine." I answered.

I really didn't feel like talking. My stomach was jumpy. Pheonix asked if we could be excused. He saw by the look on my face I was disappointed. He mouthed "sorry." and took my hand and dragged me too the back of the train where there was a couch with a semi-window surrounding it.

"You do know the only reason I'm here is to protect you right?"he asked with an expression I have never seen him display. I nodded. "Rubin I have this feeling I don't know how to explain it but all I know is it has something to do with you." He stopped he must have seen the shock on my face. If you haven't already noticed I'm bad at hiding my emotions and expressions.

All I know next is that his lips where on mine. The kiss was short and..... nice. I think I enjoyed it. We pulled apart and looked at each other. "I love you, Rubin." Before I got to say "I love you" back we exited the tunnel leading to the Capitol. I think we were both thinking this is the beginning of the end.