Chapter 5: The Little Troll

The two engines continued looking in the mountain. They soon heard a noise.

Baba: "Baba."

James: "What was that?"

Henry: "I don't know."

A small creature walked up to them.

Henry: "Aww. How cute."

Baba: "Baba!"

James: "Is that your name?"

The little creature nodded. A larger one walked up to them.

Trylla: "I see you've met Baba."

Henry: "You can talk?"

Trylla: "Yes. My name is Trylla. I'm a troll."

James: "So that's what you are."

Trylla: "Yes. What you saw out there were troll rocks. We turn to rock when exposed to daylight. And this is our home. The Stone Forest."

Henry: "Stone Forest?"

James: "I don't see any trees."

Trylla: "The pillars look like trees. This is a connection of caves we use everyday. We can close the entrance in the daytime, so no one tries to hurt us."

Henry: "Did that tunnel we went through use to be the spot where you could close it?"

Trylla: Yes. Now, we are in more fear of getting hurt, so our queen protects us."

James: "Queen? You have a queen?"

Trylla: "Yes. She was once a little girl who became a troll. She spent the last 7 years here. Now that she is 18 years old, she is now our queen."

Henry: "So. Where can we find her?"

Trylla: "Behind that waterfall."

James: "But won't our fireboxes go out?"

Trylla: "Not if you go around it."

Henry: "Okay. Thank you."

Trylla: "Good luck."

James and Henry puffed in the direction of the waterfall. They soon came to it.

Henry: "Now, how do we get through it?"

James: "There's a tunnel on the side of it."

They went through the tunnel, and stopped in a big room, full of glowing blue crystals.

Henry: "Wow. They're pretty."

James: "This must be the queen's room."