𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐘

"Harvey help." Gigi says from the other side of my room. I walk on over to her. "Whats up."

She shows me her princess drawing. "What colour should I make the dress?" She holds up a blue marker. "Blue?" She holds up a pink marker. "Pink?"

"Whats your favourite colour?" I ask her. "Pink!" She smiles. "Okay do pink!" I say and she nods.

"Harvey." Liam groans from my bed with the controller in his hand. "Yes buddy." I walk on over and help him with the controls on the game.

Normally the kids would be with mom or at a friends on a Sunday but she got called in for work so I have to babysit the kids which was fine with me.

"I am hungry." Gigi puts a tiny hand on her stomach. I pick her up and Liam trails behind as we make our way to the kitchen.

I place them both in kitchen stools. "Okay so what are we thinking." I put my hands on the bench.

"Nuggets." Gigi continues to colour. "Can I have ketchup with it." Liam asks. "Yep. Let me put them in the oven."

I turn on the oven and take out the nuggets from the freezer and place some onto a tray. "Don't burn yourself Harvey." Gigi looks up from her colouring with a concerned face.

"I promise I won't." I smile putting the food in the oven.

My dad has not said a word to know one since our last fight. Mom and the kids came home from the motel after a few days when I said it was safe and everything was cleaned up.

But I see my moms worried face every time she hears a loud noise.

I put on a movie for the kids and give them their nuggets. "Thank you." Liam grins as he takes his first bite.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Around 8pm my mom walks through the door. "Hey kids." She smiles and Liam and Gigi jump of the couch running over to her.

"How were they?" My mom comes and sits down placing her bag on the ground.

"Yeah they were good." I feel my phone buzz and I take it out.

Why was she home so late?

dad: can we meet for dinner?

what the fuck.

me: no fucking way.

dad: please son. I am sorry for all I have done please.

I look up to my mom who is smiling holding the kids in her arms while they watch the show. You know what. I will meet with this shithead and I will tell him to get the fuck away. I am so fucking done with him and ruining my life since I was a child.

He always told me I couldn't do anything. After I win a basketball game he would say I needed to play better than would leave to the bar and come back a day later.

me: fine. but don't expect me to fucking for give you.

"Alright mom I will be back just gotta go do something."

"Okay sweety, don't be too late." She looks up at me from the couch.

"I won't." I say shutting the door.

When I arrive at the small bar just out of town I see him sitting on a table with a beer in his hands.

I slide in the booth across from him and his face lights up. "Hi son."

"What do you want." I cross my arms.