Prologue

"Daddy?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"How did you and Mommy meet?"

"Well, that's quite the story."

"Can you tell me?"

"Of course." He picked his five-year-old daughter Alana and sat her in his lap.

"A long time ago, I used to live with my parents and seven brothers up in Heaven. Heaven was a wonderful place filled with love and support. Sadly, my parents split, and I felt alone. You see, I didn't fit in. I had all sorts of ideas, but my father would ignore them. Despite that, I still loved my family, and they loved me. Then, my father created the humans, Adam and Lilith. At first, I didn't pay them mind until Lilith left Adam.

You see, Adam was mean to her, and she had enough. She ran away, and I got curious. I went to Earth and met her. She was the most beautiful person I had ever met."

"And you got married?" He chuckled at his daughter's comment.

"Not yet. At first, we were just friends. I would visit her a lot, and we ended up falling in love. During that time, Adam got another human woman named Eve. Eve was kind and very curious about the world around her."

"You and Mommy gave her the apple, right?"

"That's right. Sadly, though, that got me and your Mommy into huge trouble. We got cast out and sent down here. Despite being upset, we ended up becoming king and queen of Hell."

"Then you got married?"

"Then we got married." She giggled, then she asked, "Daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you miss you miss your family up in Heaven?" He was taken aback by the question but gave a sad smile. "Yeah, I do."

"What are you two doing?"

"Mommy!" She jumped off of her father's lap and rushed to her mother. Her mother picked her up as Lucifer walked over to them. "Hey, honey," he replied, giving his wife a kiss on the forehead. "Hey."

"Daddy was telling me how you two fell in love."

"Aw, really?" Lilith asked, smirking at Lucifer. Lucifer's face turned red, and she chuckled. "Well, since he told you a story already, why don't we go to bed, hm?"

"I'm not tired, Mommy."

"You will be tomorrow if you don't go to bed now," Lilith replied, booping her daughter's nose. "Goodnight, sugar cube," Lucifer replied, kissing Alana on the forehead. "Goodnight, Daddy." With that, Lilith carried Alana out of the room, and Lucifer sighed.

The story got him thinking about the parts he didn't tell her. The parts that were painful for him and Lilith. Lucifer shook those thoughts away. It all happened a long time ago, and he had his wife and daughter. They were all he ever wanted and needed. Smiling to himself, Lucifer left the room, unaware that things wouldn't stay the same in years to come.