Chapter 2: Aurora

This morning started as normal, with only a minor amount of dread settled in my gut as I went to drop Blair off with Ms.Jenny so that I could drop off my resignation letter. I was having a hard enough time finding work without working for the men who broke my heart. I had at least twenty ignored texts from Xavier and Ezra paired with an ungodly amount of missed calls from three of them. 

I'm not sure how they got my number but I could only assume it was the same way Zion managed to get my address. Walking into the building I was greeted by the receptionist, a pretty blonde woman that seemed to be around my age. "Good morning, I'm here to turn in my resignation" I greeted with a long, perfected smile. "Sorry, we aren't accepting resignations at this time," A familiar voice says from way too close behind me.

"Hello Ezra" I greeted as he glared right back "You've been ignoring my calls" he grumbled as I scoffed in his face "I wasn't aware I was supposed to answer texts from ex-boyfriends" I sassed "You should when you've been hiding an entire child from us" he growled "I wasn't hiding anything" I sighed irritated "The three of you broke it off before I could tell you" I explained, uncomfortable with the way the receptionist was clearly listening in and it seems, even as mad as he was, Ezra understood that. 

"Come with me," he said, motioning to the elevator, but I just shook my head. Instead, he led me out of the woman's hearing "Did you even think about trying to tell us?" he asked, calmer this time "I tried. I called, texted, but nothing worked" I explained "But even if I had told you three, would it have changed anything?" I asked, the lump in my throat damn near suffocating as I looked to him for an answer "It would have changed everything Aurora" he sighed, shaking his head before composing himself "Do you know which of us is the father?" he asked seriously, but I shook my head "I have an idea of who it might be but I'm not sure" which, unfortunately, was one of the cons of having more than one boyfriend. 

"And who are you thinking it is?" he continued to press as I pulled out my phone, and started flipping through photos "Take a look for yourself," I said, turning the phone to face him "She looks just like-" "Xavier, yeah I know" I sighed as I watched him flip through the album of Blairs photos, his eyes getting glossier the longer he looked.

"I want to meet her," he said, suddenly serious again, but I shook my head, causing him to slightly deflate "Why the hell not?" he demanded, irritating me further. "I'm not letting her get attached to men who didn't want her in the first place, I already made that mistake once," I said lowly, no longer looking at him as rage flared in his eyes at my words "You can't honestly believe that we didn't want you, or want her" he raged, causing me to glare up at him "I can believe it because I was told exactly that when I showed up to you guys' doorsteps eight months pregnant begging to see any of you" I explained as shock flickered across his features "You never came to our houses" he denied, but I kept going "I spoke to your mother personally because you didn't have the balls to talk to me yourself" I went on but he just stared at me "My mom never told me that," he said as I scoffed "Then maybe it wasn't me keeping secrets" and then I walked away, leaving him in a stunned silence as I rushed back to my car, my heart was pounding in my ears until about halfway home and Ms. Jenny still had Blair for a few more hours no doubt baking up something sweet. 

My phone however was blowing up with calls and texts from the guys, all of which were no doubt pissed with me for keeping Blair away from them.

I was telling the truth when I told Ezra about showing up to their family homes. Maybe showing up eight months pregnant had been a mistake on my end, but I was young, desperate, and heartbroken despite the many months that had passed since our break-up. 

Glancing down at my phone I could see as text after text fell into my inbox all of them a mix of desperate pleas and half assed apologies. None of those mattered as Ezra's words floated around my head, filling it with half-imagined fantasies 'It would have changed everything' I wasn't sure if he meant it but the tormented look in his eyes as he said it was almost haunting.