𖦹2- the downfall𖦹

As time went on, Castiel's sanity continued to unravel. He became increasingly delusional, seeing signs and omens everywhere. He would draw them on paper and show them to Sam and Dean but of course, they did not understand what the hell he was on about. But sometimes they pretended to just so that he would be quiet. They could not let this go on, though. They had to think of something.

Cas started, eventually, to distance himself from Sam and Dean. He still would not let them leave the bunker and it had been 2 weeks by now. It was really becoming a problem. Instead of ranting about what was to come, Cas now believed that he had to protect them from the "truth." So, instead of ranting, he distanced himself and kept quiet about the whole thing.

Eventually, his obsession about an apocalypse morphed itself into more an obsession of power. He no longer cared about keeping Sam and Dean safe, he just wanted to control them now.

But Dean was not having it. Angel or not, he was tired of having Cas boss him around. They ended up getting into a fight, which ended with Dean getting a pretty bad black eye. Sam and Dean had no idea what to do. Did their friend turn on them? Dean thought so, but Sam was trying to look beneath the surface. He thought that this was deeper then a spell or a curse.

1 night, Sam and Dean were sleeping whenever they were suddenly woken up by Castiel's yelling. Dean heard it 1st. He jolted awake. {what the...} He rubbed his eyes tiredly and gotten out of bed, walking toward the kitchen to see what the hell the angel was doing. He found him pacing around with his angel blade in his hand yelling random shit.

Dean gulped. {this is not good...not good at all...I really should not try to confront him while he has that angel blade in his hand...he might try to kill me.}

"I AM THE ONLY 1 WHO CAN SAVE HUMANITY...A-AND I AM ABOVE ALL THE RULES THAT BOUND THE OTHER ANGELS."

While he was yapping, Dean could only watch in awe, shock and fear.

Suddenly, Cas seen him.

Dean tried to return to his room, but it was too late. As soon as he turned around, Cas was magically in front of him.

Dean gulped. "H-hey, Cas. I was just uh...getting some water."

Cas narrowed his eyes. "Liar."

He grabbed Dean by the shoulders and pinned him against the wall. "Give me 1 good reason why I should not kill you for lying to me!!" He snarled, angel blade at the ready.

"B-because I am your friend!! And I don't know what the hell is um...up with you lately but I wish that you would let us help you!!"

Castiel's gaze softened a bit, and he slowly lowered the blade. He given Dean a bit of a cold look before walking away.

Dean sighed shakily in relief and quickly went back to bed, he was not going to tell Sam in the morning either. He would rather forget about the whole encounter, actually.

About a month later, he was still acting his way. His grip on reality loosened, and he became more and more erratic. He would disappear for days (Sam and Dean were finally allowed to leave the bunker by this time.) And whenever he would return, he would look more disheveled and have some wild stories about battles with demons and visions from a higher being. Though Sam and Dean had no way to tell if this was actually true.

Not only were Sam and Dean frightened by this whole thing that had been going on, they were just getting more and more concerned for his well-being. They knew that it would only be a matter of time before blood would be spilled. They just did not know how to help him, or what to do or even where to start.

Unfortunately, Castiel's madness reached its peak at around 2 and a half months. He became consumed by the idea that he could control the fate of everything. He stopped listening to all reason and was now a danger to himself as well as those around him. It was not at all about protection anymore, it was about control and abuse of power.

This was leading to his downfall. In a fit of rage and delusion, he beat up Sam and Dean pretty bad. His mind could no longer handle the weight of his powers and delusions, It was far too much.

As everything rumbled around him, Cas was forever haunted by the consequences of his descent into insanity.

Sam and Dean could no longer put up with it, they have tried everything to save their friend, but after he hurt them, they had no choice but to place him in Glenwood Springs psychiatric hospital. They did not want to again, but they had demons to kill, not angels to babysit.

Word gotten around about it, nobody really knew what to think. Sam and Dean were going to try to get a hold of Meg so that she could maybe watch over him again like last time, just so that they could have a peace of mind.

The brothers kind of felt that this whole thing was rushed, but at the same time dragged out for way too long. They felt bad for putting him in there but at the same time knew that they had no choice. They hoped that it would help him and bring some peace of mind for them.

But, they were finally back to hunting. They left the bunker as they pleased. They were no longer in danger of getting beat up, or worse...

Meg would update them on about how things were going. Until then, they could only hope and pray that their friend would be ok.

In the ward, things were going...decent. Meg was confused about how he came to be this way and wondered if he taken Sam's hallucinations again, but he did not. He was different.