𖦹3- teeth𖦹

[credit to baby bugs song 'baby teeth' for part of this chapter]

Cas could not tell what was real anymore, and what was not.

It was a very strange feeling. It felt like dissociating, derealization, completely disconnected from the world.

But, the ranting stopped. All of it. The apocalypse stuff. The 'control the fate of everything' stuff. the omens from higher powers stuff. All of it. It stopped.

This confused Meg. She wondered why he was even here. But, none the less, he remained.

He now wore a white v-neck t-shirt, white pants and white Vans slip-on shoes. He was still allowed to keep his trenchcoat, though. He also had a blue bracelet on his wrist.

His room was bland, and mostly white. The floor was a pale yellow. The walls, bed frame, bed, furniture and even the blanket on the bed were white. Meg also noticed some notches on the bedpost and wondered what that was all about. Maybe the angel was keeping track of how many days he remained there? Who knew...he was in ward D2. There was a white table to the left of the door wit a white chair and an old fashioned white desk lamp. the bed was kind of in the middle of the room, on the left side of the wall. Above the bed was a painting of a boat on the water. There was a white nightstand next to the bed with a glass of water on it. There was a window with blinds on the north face of the room. and to the left, was a bathroom which surprisingly had green tiles. It contained a toilet and sink with a cracked mirror. There was a different room for showering, sense the patients could not be trusted not to drown themselves.

But, that was pretty much it now. Cas in a locked 4x4 ward. No hallucinations of Lucifer, either. Unlike Sam.

So far, Meg had 3 pictures of him. in 1, he was sitting on the bed with a slight smile. In another, he was in the dayroom. And in the last 1, he is outside. He seemed quite like normal Castiel. Meg started to wonder why he was even there. She felt a bit annoyed because it seemed like a waste of her time. She considered sending him back, but decided to wait a bit. She would soon find out that this was all a facade.

There was not much paperwork on him so far. Just basic stuff like his name and age and why he was originally in there. She noted that he was a healthy weight, had no diagnosis, no self-harm cuts or scars, no suicidal ideations.

Nevertheless, the doctors evaluated him and decided that it was best to at least give him some pills for sleeping.

1 night, Meg found Cas looking out the window. {odd.} she thought. "whatcha doin, Cas?" She asked in that voice of her, slightly snotty, slightly teasing. She folded her arms and smirked a bit, leaning against the wall and looking at the back of him.

He did not answer at 1st, and whenever he did, he did not turn around. What he said scared Meg though. She found it very disturbing. "When my gums are swollen," he began. "And my teeth turn brown, I will reach my hand deep in my mouth. I like the taste of blood. It is so...salty. And sweet. I cannot wait to rip out my teeth." He broke out into hysterical laughter. Meg just started, extremely disturbed, mouth slightly agape. She did not even know how to respond to that. Who would?!

After that strange ordeal, she quickly left the room and taken note of it.

The next morning, he kept on telling Meg odd shit. She could see why he was here now. "Meg." He said sternly. She jumped a bit, surprised by his sudden presence. "Jesus Cas...what do ya want now? And don't tell me anymore of that nasty teeth stuff."

Cas chuckled a bit, but it was disturbing. "It is not silly, Meg. How can I make you understand? Lollipops...and cotton candy. It's all that I want to eat. To keep myself weak and unhealthy like I deserve to be. These doctors...and you. You guys never really listen to what I have to say. But you know what? It will all be worth it in the end because it will be the happiest day whenever I can give my teeth to you. Cavities make me feel alive and I love how they rot in my mouth. This is what I deserve."

Meg's eyes widened a bit. "Um...I do not want your teeth. That is disgusting. And we are not letting you rip out your teeth nor will we let them rot away. Your teeth are fine."

All he did was smile.

Meg sighed. What was she to do wit this broken angel?

Sam and Dean were thinking. They were thinking about a lot of things. Should they visit their broken friend? They were almost a bit scared to...

"But, Sam..what is he tries to hurt us again?" Dean asked, leaning back on the counter with a beer in hand.

"Dean, Meg is there, so we do not have to worry." Sam replied.

Dean scoffed a bit "Yeah, but who is really more powerful? An angel or demon?"

Sam rolled his eyes. "Dean, give Cas a chance. Maybe this place is really helping him. Who knows? He could be completly different by now."

"For better or for worse though?"

Sam gotten out his phone. "How about we just call her?"

"alright."

And so, Sam dialed Megs number. "Hey, Sam." She said in that voice that the 2 brothers knew so well. "Hey, Meg. How is he?" "Um...good as ever. Totally..." "Meg, be straight wit us." "Fine. You really want to know? He is doing some shit that is not at all like last time, and I regret signing up to take care of him. He talks about his gums bleeding and ripping his teeth out."

Sam and Dean had no words. None at all. None. None.