(BOOK 2) Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“Did you have fun Shyra?” I asked as we made our way to luggage collection.

“YES! I like Cousin Carlos; he taught me some Spanish words you know.”

“Alright how’d you say hello?” I asked as I grabbed our bags and made my way to the entrance.

“Bonjour.” I bust up laughing.

“That’s French...I’ll take you France next half term ok?”

“Oh...Alright.”

I decided to take La’Shyra to Spain to visit my cousin Daunte and his son Carlos. But the main reason was to get away from everything and to spend more time with her.

“Hola” I heard from behind me. I turnt around to see Damari standing there grinning teeth.

“DAMARI!” La’Shyra said while running up to him, he tickled her. “Hahahaha stop please.” He stopped and threw her over his shoulders.

“ARGH! OW!” He screamed while slowly putting her down. “She bit me.” He said while rubbing his shoulders. I just stood there watching him “So what you aint gonna give me no love?” He asked while spreading his arms. I smirked and hugged him. “Is that it?” He lifted my chin up and kissed me.

I felt my cheeks going red.

“Mummy and Damari sitting in the tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G” La’Shyra started but I interrupted.

“Shyra I think I’ve got chocolate in my bag.” She jumped up and down. I gave it to her and we made our way to Damari’s car with his arm around my neck.

“How were summer holidays without me? Dry alie?” I said while giggling.

“Nah not even.” He said. My face dropped.

“What?”

“Nah I’m gassed, it was dry like Devante’s lips.”

“Oh so quite dry then.” I said while laughing.

“Very.” I put the suitcases into the boot while Damari sparked the car.

I strapped La’Shyra into Sa’Vannah’s car seat and then got into the front.

“Alright we can go now...” He drove off. Choice FM was on as usual. This time they were playing find your Love – Drake

“I better find your love and, I better find your heart. I bet if I give all my love then nothings gonna tear us apart” Damari sang while looking at me.

I couldn’t help but smile. He nodded along to the rest of the song.

“So how’s Sa’Vannah, Devante and...Lydiaa?” I said while kissing my teeth.

“Woow, why don’t you like my mum?”  He asked while laughing.

“Not even, I do like her...she don’t like me.” I said while looking at him, he laughed.

“Lie, my mum loves you ha.”

“Course...”

We drove past some massive park, it looked live.

“I wanna go there!” La’Shyra screamed.

“Shy, we just got back. Aint you tired? We’ll go home and sleep for abit and then you can go, ok?” I turnt around to look at her. I could sense a Tantrum coming on.

“Bu-bu-but I WANT TO GO NOW!” She started crying.

“Ignore her Mari...” I said while he nodded. She cried even louder. My head was banging. “La’Shyra...Come on now...Ssh.”

“NO. I want to go to the park.” She started hitting the chairs.

“Fine...gosh. Damari please?” He laughed done a U-Turn and parked up in front of a house. “Spoilt brat” I muttered under my breath

“Ha-ha, but you spoil her.” Damari said as we got out of the car. He took La’Shyra out of the car seat, locked the car and we made our way to the park.

**

“Higher, Higher!” La’Shyra screamed as Damari pushed her. Damari stopped half way and she jumped off and ran for the slide. It was massive. I looked at Damari who walked up to me and sat down beside me.

“She’s so energetic.” I put my head on his shoulder.

“Don’t move, I’m sleeping.” I said while closing my eyes.

He laughed and started moving his arm around.

“Stop.” He moved it around more. “Argh, your no help.” I stood up and starting jumping around. I couldn’t fall asleep.

“Aye La’Shyra be careful.” Damari shouted. I looked up to see her sliding down.

“I am.” She shouted back. I sat down and put my head in my hands.

“You tired babe?” I nodded and groaned.

“My heads banging.” I said while kissing my teeth.

“Ha, hmm...Kadeem. I need to say something.”  I looked up.

“Alrighty” I said while stretching.

“Cool, I’ve known you for like 5 months now.” I nodded slowly. “And like I don’t even know what to say, but like I-I...” I heard a high pitch laugh come from the slide. I looked over to see La’Shyra slide down heads first. She was laughing and then all I head was a scream. I got up and ran up to her

Everything felt like it was going in slow motion. It felt like I wasn’t going to reach her...in time.

I finally reached her.

“La’Shyra.” I heard footsteps behind me and then Damari appear next to me. I shook her, she didn’t move.

“Damari she’s not responding.”  I said as tears rolled down my cheeks. He pushed me out of the way and looked for her pulse. He put his ear to her chest.

“Ok, Kadeem call the ambulance.” He said while looking at me.

“W-wh-whats going on?”

“CALL THE F*CKING AMBULANCE” He shouted.

I jumped back in shock and dialled 999.

**