Chapter 10- Finding Kai

Wyldfire, Lloyd, Sora, and Zane had been searching for Kai for days with no luck. They had been on every lead they could find, but each one ended up being a dead end. They had finally decided to go back to the place where Kai had first disappeared, hoping there would be some sort of key that would help them find him.
"I don't think we're going to find anything there," Wyldfire growled again.
"Wyldfire, I told you," Lloyd explained tiredly. "We don't have any more leads. This is all we have to go off of for now." Just then, Zane rushed into the Land Bounty 2.0's control center.
"A portal just opened up above the place where Kai vanished," he exploded. Everyone except Lloyd jumped to their feet and rushed towards the window. Sure enough, high above where Kai disappeared, about two hundred feet away, was a portal. From the portal, two figures emerged, dropping rapidly.
"Lloyd!" Sora cried. "I think it's Kai and Bonzle! We need to catch them before they reach the ground!" Lloyd pressed the accelerator with all his might, sending the other occupants of the Land Bounty flying in all directions. He closed the gap between them and the falling figures, just managing to position the Land Bounty in the right position as the moment of impact occurred. The Land Bounty shuddered with the force of the two figures. The entire control center's occupants rushed up to the vehicle's roof.
"Kai!" Wyldfire cried, launching herself into his arms.
"Oof," he groaned. Other than a few bruises, Kai and Bonzle seemed to be okay. Hugs were exchanged, and Zane took the two of them down to the med bay just in case of internal injuries.
"Kai, Bonzle, we're so happy we found you," Lloyd said, grinning like an idiot. He hugged Kai, who was laying on a bed with all sorts of machines attached.
"All your vital signs seem normal," Zane said, relief flooding his features.
"Where were you guys? How'd you get out?" Sora inquired.
"We were stuck in the realm that the Forbidden Five were trapped in, although we didn't see them. We escaped by going through three trials," Kai said, rushing his explanation. "That's not important though, what's important is that I think we know where Jay is!" Everyone looked at him in confusion.
"But you were trapped! How could you have found out where he is?" Lloyd asked gently.
"Bonzle saw him!" Kai said breathlessly. Everyone turned to Bonzle for confirmation. She shrugged, relating what had happened during the fight with the administration. Hope filled the room at Bonzle's description.
"That sounds like Jay," Zane said excitedly. "We should inform Nya's team right away. Last I heard, they were closer to the Administration than we are." As the rest of the team peppered Kai and Bonzle with more questions and relief that they were home, Lloyd contacted Nya.
"Nya, we found Kai," Lloyd said gratefully. Nya's face broke into pure joy, and happy tears welled up in her eyes.
"Is he okay?" she breathed.
"Yes," he assured her. The tension in her face relaxed and her smile brightened even further. "Also," Lloyd said cautiously, trying to not get her hopes up in case Kai was wrong, "We may have gotten a tip about Jay's location. We will meet you there."