♡VII♡

The next morning Percy was moved into the once-vacant Poseidon cabin, and he looked miserable. Grover and I tried to spend more time with him seeing as he was alone during dinner and any time he spent in his cabin, but it didn't do much to help him.

Every time we heard murmurs of the hellhound attack, I gave my best glare to the gossipers and the quickly shut up after realising I was there. People distanced from him, and it quickly appeared that the only people willing to even be in the same room as him were the two of us, Charlse Beckendorf, Luke and Annabeth. I always gave my sibling disappointed look when they fled away from them, but there was nothing I could do.

It's not like I could force them to like the child of a forbidden oath and perhaps one of the most temperamental and powerful gods.

After a few days of the new routine, I was woken up by Chiron and Grover asking for me at the door. Looking at the little clock on the wall, I groaned when I realized it was only 5:39 am, and quickly threw on a hoodie and made my hair semi-decent.

-----------

"HE WANTS TO WHAT?!" I exclaimed, anger burning through my body. Grover looked up with panicked eyes, shushing me quickly. I lowered my voice as to not wake anybody up, "He can't! A quest is practically suicide, the last person to-"

-"To make it back from a quest alive was Luke. Yeah, we know, but if he doesn't do it Mr D will, like, turn him into a bottleneck or something!" Grover interrupted, worry lacing his voice.

Chiron had long since left us, leaving Grover to explain and us to wake him up. "He's gonna have us, right? You need your searchers license and- and you two are my best friends, I can't leave you!"

Grover looked down, ashamed.

"What? What's going on?" I demanded, and he shrugged.

"Annabeth has been dreaming of a quest since she was little, and since I'm a satyr, and you're a camper, your first priority." He said in a little voice, but he was trying to put on a brave face.

I paused in my tracks, looking up at the big cabin in front of us. "Then I won't go." I said firmly, before knocking on the door harshly to wake Percy up.

"Val, I-" But before he could finish, he was interrupted by a groggy voice from inside the cabin.

"Come in." Percy groaned faintly, and I swung the door open, stepping inside the dark building.

Grover looked around nervously, and I stepped aside so he could do the talking. "Mr D wants to see you."

"Why?"

"He wants to kill-" I elbowed him to shut him up, "I mean, we'd better let him tell you."

My cheeks flushed as my eyes finally adjusted to the dark and saw that Percy was shirtless, and quickly looked away as he threw a shirt on, and we headed to the big house.

Light storm clouds were creeping towards the valley, and Percy looked at them anxiously. "Don't we need an umbrella?" He asked us, and shook my head, smiling

"It doesn't rain here unless we want it to." I explained, and he looked at me, perplexed.

"What the heck is that, then?" He pointed to the brewing storm that was dangerously close to our borders.

"It'll pass around us. They always do." Grover said, but glanced at the clouds cautiously.

As the sun started to rise, more campers began to wake up and get ready for the day. Hephaestus kids were already messing about in the forge, and the Apollo kids were facing against the Satyrs in a basketball match. Demeter Dionysus' children were in the strawberry fields, taking care of the plants.