Ch. 006

𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
                         𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒.—

"Hey, don't you think we should include Star sometime?" Luffy asked, his brothers walking ahead. "I doubt she'd be into anything like stealing." Sabo said, shrugging. "We don't know how she can fight either. We shouldn't risk being caught just for her." Ace said, rolling his eyes. "But you did for me!" Luffy protested.

This made the two older brothers stop for a moment. They were more experienced than Luffy but he was different.. Right? They'd protect him with their lives. Star was a girl that showed up on their porch one day. Then again, how can they judge her if she's never included?

"Maybe we should at least try giving her a chance, Ace." Sabo reluctantly suggested. "Fine." Ace sighed, giving into his younger brothers. "Go get her Luffy, but hurry up!" He said, crossing his arms. With stars in his eyes, Luffy quickly ran back to the cabin, yelling the young girl's name.

Though, when he entered he didn't expect this.

Star was being consulted by the mountain bandits, including Dadan herself. She was.. crying? Why.

"I'm sure they just don't want you hurt," One of the bandits said. "They've never considered that I could take care of myself. They come with scratches and new cuts every single time, all I want to do is help!" As she spoke, she grew more and more frustrated.

Why was she treated like this? Was she weak? She was being underestimated for no reason and she wanted to know why. She came up unannounced, she gets that, sure, but to be completely cut out like this?

The bandits stepped back, shocked at what they were seeing. Garp just happened to fail to say that Star was a devilfruit user. Star had influenced the wood of the cabin to grow upward, surrounding the girl in a defensive way. Why? Because she felt vulnerable as she cried. She slowed her sobbing noticing what she did. "Oh, I'm sorry, I-"

"You're a devilfruit user?!!"

The bandits and Luffy yelled at the same time. The bandits seemed more worried and scared while Luffy was excited and happy. He quickly ran up to the girl. "Come with me, Star!" He said, not giving her time to even answer as he pulled her away. "Ace finally agreed to let you come with us!" He exclaimed.

"Really?" She asked, happy that they'd see what she could do. "Finally!" She exclaimed, running ahead of luffy. 'Finally, they'll see i'm strong, just like them.' She thought. Though, it didn't last long since she ran into Ace, falling on her ass. "Took y'all long enough." He said, glaring at the girl on the ground before helping her up. "Let's go, we'll end up just having scraps to our name." Ace said, beginning to walk. "They're already scraps though." Sabo said, being his usual self. "You know what I mean, Sabo! Shuddap!" He huffed, walking faster, sabo following behind.

"Let's go, they won't wait up for you. I would know." Luffy said, making a pouting face as he remembered all the times he was lost from being left behind. She couldn't believe this was happening. She's waited for months just for them to bring her up, now they're going out together. She's ecstatic!