Chapter ten- Stories only I know

SO HEY! last time I said this chapter would be about people TJ has lost in her life time. So here are a few very short story's!!!!

Ghost:

"Go get it!" My little nine year old arm threw the stick as far as it could. For being only nine I was pretty strong. That's probably because I was raised a hunter. I got my first gun at six. Talk about great parenting. 

My dog, Ghost, took off after the stick. He dove for it, then trotted back happily with the stick in his mouth. I was playing with him in the parking lot of the hotel we were staying at. Ghost had been my best friend since the day I got him, three years ago. He was the only person (Haha! Get it? He's a dog- not a person.) I could trust. He would be there when I had a bad dream, or when I scratched me knee. My mom and Dad were always gone. Always. Maybe that's why they got me ghost. To keep me company. I mean, I had Ryan, but my parents always let him come with on the hunts. I guess they favored him. I could see why. He was fun to be around. Every one liked him. He was the kind of kid that could walk into a room full of frowning people and make them all so happy there giggling like lunatics. 

So it was usually just me. Well, me and Ghost. I called him Ghost because he was white. Most normal kids would call a white dog Snowflake or Frost bite. Or even Phillip for goodness sake. But I just had to pick Ghost. 

Anyways- Back to nine year old TJ throwing her dog a bone. 

I tugged the stick from his mouth and patted his head. A car drove down the near by road, it's music thumping loudly. I threw the stick once more, just as the car with the loud music pulled into the motel parking lot at a speed that any normal person would find dangerous. Ghost went after the stick. That was the last time I saw his fluffy white tale wag. 

I'm guessing you can figure out what happened on your own so I'll spare you the details. The man who was driving the car with the loud music didn't bother to even say sorry. My brother helped me bury his body that night when him, Mom and Dad got back from their hunt.

Good bye Ghost. Hope your playing fetch with the angels, in heaven. 

Lucy: 

When I was in the sixth grade, I had made a good friend at my temporary school. Her name was Lucy. Every day after school during my first week there, I would go over to her house. Her mom would greet us at the door with cookies and soda, then we would head up to her room and work on homework. Her dad would always come home around six from work. He would sit in a rocking chair on the front porch and smoke a cigar or two before coming in and telling both me and Lucy a story. At around eight o'clock, after a large dinner, I would walk back to the near by motel and help my family do research on the hunt they were working on. 

One day during school, My dad pulled me out early. I was quite upset because Lucy and I had planed to do a lemon aid stand after school. My dad told me we had found the location of the monsters we were hunting. They were shifters. 

When we pulled up in front of the house and started grabbing our supplies, I froze. I knew this house all to well. My dad kicked down the door. He started fighting with Lucy's mom and Dad. My Mom and brother assisting him. He yelled at me to go check the rest of the house. I knew better then to make my dad angry, so I ran up the stairs, straight to Lucy's room.  I swung open the door to see Lucy standing against the far wall holding a knife out towards me. 

"Go away!" She screamed. 

"Lucy- I don't want to hurt you." I said calmer then I felt. I lowered my gun and placed it on the ground, holding my hands in the air. 

"I thought we were friends!" she yelled.

"We are!" I said keeping my hands up. 

"No! This was all some big trick! It was all planed out! You were only my friend so you could spy on us!"