chapter 15

Tokyo, Shibuya, 29th June 2003 :

The sound of engines running and motorbikes driving through the streets at high speed was the only thing you could hear. Aside from the occasional things Draken almost yelled at you.

Mikey sat behind Baji on his bike. Neither you nor Mikey had a bike so you always sat behind someone. Draken won rock-paper-scissors and got to take you with him whilst Baji lost and had to take Mikey.

Your eyes locked with Mikey's, his half lidded eyes made him look sleepy. He yawned and you could see him start to doze off. You giggled and turned your head to pay attention to what Baji was saying.

"My goki's the best in Tokyo!" His stupid signature grin appeared on his face.

The 'conversation' turned into a silly little argument which resulted in a silly little race to Musashi shrine.

Pah-chin got a headstart and you could see Draken make a move to speed up. You moved quickly and steadily wrapped your arms around his waist.

"W-what are you doing?!" Your grip caught him off guard. His cheeks flushed red and he lost his focus on the road by momentarily looking back at you.

"Holding on so I don't fall?" You held on even tighter, his lack of focus caused him to speed up again.

Once he got used to your grip, his focus returned.

He stopped at the shrine and lifted you off his bike before you walked up the steps together.

You both came in second, Kazutora being third and Pah-ching first. Draken and Pah-chin started playing soccer whilst you waited for the others with Kazutora.

After Mitsuya came in fourth it still took 15 minutes before Baji arrived with Mikey on his back. The latter finally stirring awake when Baji yelled something.

It seemed like Mikey had to tell you something. He sat down on the railing of the shrine as you circled around him.

Words about the black dragons and their precious attacks on Kazutora left his mouth. The sun made you drowsy and your focus was elsewhere. You heard his words but couldn't concentrate on them, it was a dreamy trance.

You snapped out of it when patted your shoulder whilst passing by you.

"Let's form our own gang." His fangs showed as he grinned, again. He looked serious and a bit... soft?

It was so sudden, almost everyone got confused. When Draken agreed, Baji thought of it as a green light to continue. He started assigning everyone positions, praising them to make it more convincing.

The thing that really catched your attention was when Baji included you.

You, in a gang. It didn't really make sense.

It made even less sense when he gave you the position of acting president. And even less sense when no one seemed bothered by it.

Your gaze shifted to Mikey. He didn't particularly look excited but you could tell he was. You remember him telling you about Shinichiro's gang and how it was so cool. He also told you about how he wanted his own gang one day, he even told you you'd get to be part of it.

That's how you found out about his dream, to create a new era for delinquents.

Being part of a gang wasn't how you had imagined your life. But if it was with Mikey and all of your friends, then it didn't seem so bad.

"Y/n? Y/n!" Mikey's voice pulled you back to the conversation. You could feel two arms snake around your waist as he sleepily slumps down against you. His eyes staring straight into yours, trying to catch your attention.

"You think 'Tokyo Manjiro gang' is a good name right? Right?"

You stare back at him and smile. Your arms instinctively wrap around him in a hug.

"It's lame." You giggled a bit as you said this, his shocked and pouty expression is just too funny.

Mikey looked back down as you could hear the other guys start to laugh at the conversation. He was almost trembling in annoyance. He couldn't believe you weren't on his side.

You started feeling a bit excited when everyone agreed to form a gang. You squeezed Mikey a bit and grinned at him to show your excitement.

It cheered him up. He stared at your smiling face, admiring the way you look. He then responded with his own grin and a tight squeeze around your waist.

He finally let go of you when Baji spoke again. Vowing everyone's alliance to Mikey, tellling him that we'll give him all we've got.

The soft and peaceful atmosphere made you smile. You looked around and saw the others smiling too. It all felt so dreamy.

"What kind of gang do you want?" You were surprised, Mikey's voice was so... soft. You turned you head, only to see a melancholic smile on his face. It's been a while since you saw him like this.

"All for one, and one for all. We put our lives on the line for each other."

"That's the kind of gang I want."

Your gaze automatically softened at his words. You always knew Baji was a soft and sweet kind of guy, even if he's a menace sometimes. His words touched you. It all sounded so sweet, so soothing and so promising.

'I hope this lasts forever.'