Chapter 12: The Hiking Trail

We all formed a line to get our gear to begin hiking. Jungkook hadn't said a word to me since the cabin. And I was too much of a coward to say anything as well. Being close to each other really made me uncomfortable. I still couldn't believe what Jimin had told me. Most important, I still couldn't believe Tae would have done that to me.

"Alright, listen up. We will go in groups. Each group will have a leader. Thankfully, we have seniors who know these routes really well. Please listen to your team leaders. Any trouble will be reported to me. The trails we will take are not as rocky as the rest of the trails. For this reason, do not wonder off. It is dangerous if you go by yourself."

After the announcement, we got split into groups and we had an assigned leader. Our leader was Tom Waters. He was really good at skiing and extremely rich. His dad owned a whole skiing resort and had given it to Tom for his fifth birthday.

We all surrounded Tom and waited for him to say anything. He wore a wicked smile.

"Hello. For those of you who don't know, my name is Tom Waters. I'm really good at skiing and these routes are carved perfectly in my mind. So, you have nothing to worry about. Please, make sure if you see anyone is missing, report it to me. All I have left to say is to have fun and follow me!"

He began to walk off. All of us followed behind him. I reached for my camera out of my bag. My arms were too short to reach to the back pocket of my backpack. I had lost sight of Jungkook. In a way, it made me feel scared. I didn't know anyone besides him in the group, and Jimin wasn't in our group. For all I knew, that one stayed in his cabin with his partner doing things I didn't want to think about.

Just as I was about to take off my backpack, I felt someone unzip my backpack and put the camera in my hands. My backpack was again zipped shut and Jungkook stood next to me. I swallowed hard.

"Thank you."

I said lightly. His face was strict and his jaw was tightened. He didn't even look at me once before he kept walking straight ahead.

I stopped and took lots of pictures of the mountains. The sun made the sky above them look amazing. I took as many pictures as I could. I was so caught up in my own world, by the time I put my camera down, I realized my group was gone. The sun had faded out and replaced by dark grey clouds. My hands began to shake. The footprints in the snow had vanished with the snow that had began to fall.

I was lost.

JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V

All of a sudden, the sun hid and we were cast with dark clouds. Everyone that had been taking pictures looked pretty disappointed. It was funny in a way. I turned around to see y/n's disappointed face too, but she wasn't behind me. I turned to look besides me, but she wasn't there either. I did a 360-degree turn and none of the faces matched hers. My heart raced and climbed to my throat.

Tom stopped the group. Just as we stopped, white particles began to fall from the sky.

"Okay. I just got news we must leave the trail and take the shortcut back. Don't worry, if the weather fixes we will be able to continue tomorrow. For right now, I need everyone to stay calm and follow me."

My eyes widened. Y/n was nowhere in sight.

Freaking dumbass.

I kept searching. As I walked by people, there was a group of guys with a weather monitor.

"I don't think we are coming back tomorrow guys. Blizzards last as little to four hours all the way to four weeks."

"There's a blizzard?"

"Yeah, look."

My heart stopped. My frustration eating me alive. Y/n was lost. And there was a blizzard starting. I ran towards Tom.

"Hey, there is someone missing. My partner. Y/n l/n."

Tom's eyes widened. He immediately pulled out a radio thing and began to send the message. After he did, he turned to look at me.

"Stay close to us. There is search parties on their way, but we must keep going."

I looked at him as if he was crazy.

"What the hell dude? She is out there alone in this storm and you are just going to wait until people go look for her?"

"I'm just doing my job as team leader."

"Well you and your job can go to hell. I'm going to go and look for her."

"You can't!"

"Oh yes I can. And just so you know, my name is Jungkook Jeon."

"Wait."

I ran as fast as I could the opposite way. Somewhere out there y/n was freezing and lost. I had to find her. What made me even more anxious was the fact that she was sick.

"Don't worry, y/n. I'm coming to get you. Just stay where you are. Stay."