Chapter 13: Blizzard Cold

Y/n's P.O.V

The snow became more and more intense. I could slowly feel the temperature taking my fingers numb. One by one. I could see a little bit through the falling snow. Not so much though.

"Help!"

I shouted once in a while. I didn't do it as often because that would reduce my hydration and it would strain my throat easier.

I tried following the direction where my group must've gone by. And although I was following it, I somehow felt like I was getting farther and farther away from my destination.

The temperature seemed to be getting colder. My bones becoming solid ice. My limbs felt so numb that if I moved them I was afraid I would break them. My body heat was so low it came to a point that I couldn't walk anymore. Although I couldn't see myself, I felt my lips slowly turning blue.

My legs trembled so much that my knees succumbed and landed against the cold snow. My entire body collapsing against the snow.

I felt defeated. With the snow increasing its rate and the temperature decreasing every minute, it would be impossible to survive. Although I didn't want to admit it, maybe this was the end for me.

"J-Jungkook...I-I'm s-so s-sor-ry."

My tears freezing against my face. I had very few regrets. Most of them revolved around Jungkook.

"T-There w-was s-so m-many t-things I-I w-wanted t-to t-tell y-you."

I shivered uncontrollably. My sobs becoming louder. The tightening in my chest became so unbearable my breath became sharper and sharper. The cold tearing and cutting my throat inside and out.

"Then tell me."

Now I was hallucinating. Now I was hearing his voice behind me. This made me want to cry harder.

"N-Now I-I'm e-even i-imagining h-him."

Someone stepped in front of me. The person's shoes were expensive hiking black boots. I knew the boots. On the sole of the shoe the person even had his initials marked.

J.JK

With the little strength I had, I turned to look up at the person. His nose was red. There was snow in his expensive, real-leather, puffy jacket. My heart raced. He kneeled in front of me and looked into my eyes. His were watery. And when I thought I would never see him cry; tears slithered down the bed of his warm cheeks.

His arms cupped me and embraced me into his chest. His sobs were low, but his heart rate was really fast. Jungkook turned my face looking up to his.

"Why y/n? You dumb girl. Do you have any-!"

Jungkook sounded really frustrated that I thought he was going to lose it in front of me, but he cut off in the middle of a sentence and just stared at me.

With his hand, he slowly brushed off snow from me. His hand slowly traced from my shoulders up to my lips. With such delicacy he brushed his thumb over them.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I'm sorry I took long. I'm here now."

Jungkook leaned down and kissed me. His soft lips pressing against mine. My body was instantly warm. My face, arms, legs. Everything felt warmly nice. With my shaky hand, I reached up and touched his face. It was warm.

He pulled back and smiled at me.

"Let's go. Can you walk?"

"I-I'm a l-little f-frozen."

"I saw cave not so far away. The blizzard will just keep getting worse. We should take shelter in the meantime."

He tried helping me up in my stiff legs, but no matter what I did, they were as good as dead.

I was so weak that I kept falling and slipping. Jungkook caught me though.

"You're just as limp as a noodle, toad."

"H-Haha. V-Very f-funny."

Jungkook removed his backpack from his shoulders and placed it on me. I was still grabbing on to his waist so I wouldn't lose my balance.

"It's not very heavy. I just need you to hold it while I..."

He knelt and got me on his back.

"While I give you a piggy-back ride."

And he began to walk towards the direction that he came from with me on his back.

"You can continue, you know? Telling me about all the things you wanted to tell me."

My face went completely red. I had really prayed for him not to bring that up. I knew he was grinning in amusement right now.

"I-I..."

"Never mind. Don't tell me, toad. I want to hear them from you when we are out of this stupid situation that you brought us in."

"Y-You d-dragged y-yourself i-in."

"I-I'm only going to tell you this once, toad. So pay attention."

"W-Whatever."

"From now on, if you go somewhere, I must follow you. If you cry, I would dry your tears. If you are cold, I would give you my heat. If you fall, I will pick you up. If someone hurts you, I will protect you. If you can't sleep, I'll sing for you. And if you get lost, I will find you. So please...don't never ever leave my side."