Chapter 2

OC POV

        Everything hurts but worst it's dark but yet I can hear birds chirping so I slowly opened my eyes, with some struggle of course, and blinked a few times for my eyes to get used to the sunlight but also getting rid of the blurriness then slowly looked around to see that nothing looks familiar; I'm not in my room back home and I'm definitely not in my tent either.

     So I slowly start to sit up in my bed even though my body is crying out in pain but I just ignored it before looking at myself to see that I'm covered in bandages and in someone else's night clothes that's clearly for females but they're so weird as I've never seen these kinds before.

      As I started to think how I got here that's when all of yesterday's memories came flooding back from the battle on the frontlines on a dark and cloudy day; trying to save a family from a house fire and almost getting crushed by the roof to only find out that I'm still alive and find myself in a big room with people wearing white lab coats and people in an unknown uniform started to shoot while I had to fight my way out and even jumped out of the window but how I got to this house is still unknown to me except that I remember that the people here sound like my allies, in language wise, and no sign of the enemies.

         Getting out of bed hurt and had to be slow so I don't pull any stitches out as I need to check something first; I made it to the bathroom and looked into the mirror.

       Once I see my reflection to see an unknown person looking back so in short, I look like death; my tan skin looks a bit pale from the blood loss, cheeks and eyes are a bit sullen in because I haven't eaten well for a year and only been a few months that I was able to eat better than how I was before, my long blond hair is oily and need a wash badly while my heterochromia green-blue- eyes looks lifeless with no spark in them just emptiness but all the scars are still there especially the old burns around my eyes.

       Coming out of the bathroom I looked around for any clothes, mostly my uniform, so that I could take a much needed shower but to only find my necklace and blindfold that my mother gave me before she died. Quickly putting my necklace on then the blindfold as I'm always used to wearing it and the fabric is thin enough that I could see through it but no one can see my eyes or much less the burn scars.

       Just as I was about to look around more to only stopped when footsteps could be heard coming to the room so thinking quickly I went behind the door as I still don't know who these people are that owns this house so I rather be on the safe side and find out who they are first since I don't have my handgun, snipper, and they probably took my knife as well and put it all somewhere.

       Staying quiet and watched the door open and a female walked in looking about her early 20s, so once she sees the empty bed I quickly but quietly closed the door then pinned her down to the bed so I could question her more; if I would of thrown her to the ground and pin her there than someone could hear and come up to help and I can't risk that right now.

"Who are you and what do you want with me?!" I demanded in English instead of my language.

"Calm down we're not going to hurt you, just let me go and I'll tell you what's going on." The female said calmly and didn't scream or struggle; she has guts I'll give her that.

         I thought about it for a second and took the risk and let her go before backing away from her with a good distance but watched closely just in case she tries to attack. The female got up and fixed herself before grabbing the clothes that she had in her hands before they were dropped when I pinned her to the bed; I noticed that the clothes she had is my uniform because my flag is showing on the sleeve.