2.

I looked at my clock, 5:56. I thought about the dream as I brushed my teeth and turned on the shower.

After I finished showering I threw on a summer dress from my dresser and I decided I would go to the local coffee shop and get some work done.

Before I left, I gave Luna some food (happy meows from her) and checked the time again. It was now 7:28 and I took my keys.

As I took my laptop and notebook and put it next to me in the car, I got in and started backing up, then started driving, it would take 2-3 minutes.

Even if I had Luna, it was very lonely living alone, maybe I would meet someone at the coffee shop! Probably not.

I parked in there parking lot, it was small but there wasn't too many people there so I took my things out and locked my car.

As I opened the door, the bell rang. "Hello!" I said to the staff as they already knew me by now.

As I started putting my things in a corner, I went up to the counter and just asked for a small coffee. Then, I opened up my laptop and started writing.

"Dreams." I labeled the document, I wanted not to forget that dream so I decided I would write it down, maybe I would add to it sometime.

When I got a few sentences in, a tall young man (looked a little older than me) bring me my coffee, I had never seen him before so I smiled at him.

"What're working on? If you don't mind." He said as he sat down next to me and I looked at him.

"Just writing down a dream I had, last night actually." I replied as I saw him looking at the few sentences I had.

When he was done reading he looked at me, "Monster?" He replied.

I soon remembered what my mind said, "I'm not a monster." Replayed in my mind again and again.

"Oh- erm.." I deleted "monster" in the document and replaced it with man instead. He looked at me and smiled as he got up and went into the back of the cafe. I got the same cold sweat that I did in the dream.

I took a sip of my coffee and looked at him from the corner. (did I just mess it up?) I think he saw the confusion on my face because he smiled slightly and went to take another order from someone who just walked in.

A couple minutes later when he brought back what the couple had ordered, he went up to my table.

"Need anything else?" He asked me as I looked up at him.

I sighed, "No, I'm good." I replied looking drained even though I was drinking coffee.

He made an audible "Hmm.." and walked to talk with one of his co-workers then came back to me with 2 bagels.

"Here." His voice was deep but not too deep, he held out a bagel. I smiled as I took the bagel.

He sat down next to me. "I'm Lucifer, what about you?"

"Like the devil?" I asked, smiling. "I'm Jasmine." I put my hand out to shake his.

He chuckled darkly, "Like the tea?" He shook my hand.

He almost felt like someone I knew.