The Results

"Jesus mi haffi guh do ova di test" i thought to myself cause the current one wasn't even showing if i was pregnant or not.

I paced back and forth in the bathroom from the shower to the door & the cycle repeated.

"Stop act like a bitch & tek ih test" i said out loud to myself stopping in my tracks..

As i pulled the test out the package to pee on it, i received a call.. Too anxious to think straight I accidentally declined the call but left a message telling them id call back.

As I peed to take the test, I felt my anxiety growing.. My palms started to sweat and my head started to hurt. Worse of all, I felt like throwing up.

About 5 minutes had gone by and the results seemed to have shown up.. (Mi still so anxious, mi deven knw if mi wah check again)

"No no you can do this stop listen to yuh mind" i took the test up to see what was on it & when i read the results my heart sunk.

I dropped the test to the floor, shaking but frozen in position.

Two Lines.

TWO LINES.

I couldn't believe it. I was pregnant and the father of this child was no where to be found. (Him probably deh some weh ah strengthen him skills fi be a bigger waste man)

"Bredda weh mi a guh do.. cah mi cyah dash it weh. Mi nah dash it weh." I said still having a conversation with myself like a mad gyal.

I started staring out into space losing all touch with reality and then-

**PHONE RINGING**

I quickly snapped out of it trying my best to see who was calling me as my eyes became blurry, about to breakdown.

It was Brandon.

I had never been more relieved in my life to see that he was calling. Mi still hate him ah swr but mi haffi put all ah dat a side.

"Yo, yuh juss run pan mi mind .. mk we nuh good but mi still care bout yuh" he said sounding genuinely concerned.

"Brandon we need fi talk, God mi nuh know weh fi do" I was practically making up half the amount of water in the River Nile because of how much I was crying.

"Wah gwaan?? Why yuh sound suh??"

"Please. Juss come over." I begged him losing my ability to breathe.

"Alright mi ah come." He said before hanging up the phone.

"Mi fi call Lexi" I said in my mind. "But mi nuh want har come ova when Brandon a guh deh yah" it was like a war in my mind. "Alright mi jus a guh wait till him leff & everything cool down"

**20 MINUTES LATER**

"Layah come open di door, mi outside" he called.

I ran to open the door to let him inside.

"Wapm why ya c-" I cut him. I hugged him just letting everything I had left in me out.

"Brandon mnk weh fi do, mi cyah stop cry" I barely got my words out.

"Just come sit ma, tell mi wah happen" his voice was so soothing, maybe dat was the trick dat did mek mi fall in love with him.