❝ 𝐄𝐏 𝟑; 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃 ❞

- 3rd Person POV

Y/n and her brother got home. It was around 10. Y/n wasn't so tired yet so, she went over to get a vinyl from her collection and picked out the 'Untied' album by Marvin Gaye. The record player started to play 'Ain't no mountain high enough' which the girl started humming to. She tried on the many skirts and smelled the body mists that Aaron had insisted on buying. Later the humming quickly changed to singing.

A bit after she went to sleep. She didn't turn off the music, which Steve noticed. He snuck into her room and turned off the music for her. He smiled at his little sister, who was sound asleep, and closed the door behind him before going back to his room.

It was raining super hard the next day. However, the four still wanted to research the Russian code that they'd discovered. Dustin, Steve, and Y/n were scouting out throughout the mall, for evil Russian spies. "See anything?" Dustin asked. Steve looked through his binoculars, "I guess I don't totally know what I'm looking for." "Evil Russians," Dustin said.

"We don't know what they look like though Dust," Y/n said. "Tall, blonde, not smiling..." Dustin replied. Steve and Y/n nodded. "Also look for earpieces, camo, duffel bags, that sort of thing." Dustin continued describing. Steve nodded again and kept searching. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Steve exclaimed. Y/n looked to where Steve was looking and sighed, "What?" Dustin asked.

"Anna Jacobi's talking with that meathead Mark Lewinsky!" Steve said, irritated. "I thought you were 'absolutely DONE' with Jacobi. Steve," Y/n scoffed. "If you two aren't going to focus just give me the binoculars," Dustin said. "Yeah, I guess, but Jesus Christ! Whatever happened to standards? I mean, Lewinsky never came off the bench," Steve ignored Dustin. "He definitely has to be lying to her or something..." Y/n continued. "You two are the worst spies in history! You know that?" Dustin snatched the binoculars. "Plus, I don't get why you're looking at girls when you have the perfect one in front of you," Dustin refers to Robin.

"Seriously, if you say Robin again-" Steve started. "Robin, Robin, Robin-" Dustin began to annoy him. Y/n laughed. Steve shuts him up immediately, "she's not my type, not even in the ballpark of my type," he says.

"What's your type again? Not awesome?" Dustin asked "You had the perfect one in front of you too asshole-" Steve whispered, and Y/n hits his arm. Dustin hadn't been paying attention to that though. Steve clears his throat, "Anyways... she's still in school, and she's weird. She's a weirdo and she's hyper. I don't like that she's hyper..." Y/n sighed at her brother's constant talking. She took the binoculars from Dustin and started looking instead.

"Instead of dating somebody you think is gonna make you cooler, why not date someone you enjoy being around? Like me and Suzie," Dustin said. Y/n pretends to ignore them. "Oh. Suzie? You mean 'hotter than Phoebe Cates'? Yeah that Suzie, and uh let's think about how exactly did you score that totally real girlfriend? Oh yeah, with MY advice," Steve kept talking. "Because that's how this works, Henderson. I give you advice, you follow through, not the other way, all right, pea brain?" Steve scoffed.

"Seems like I just didn't teach you enough considering you couldn't even talk to Y-" Steve began. "Shut up! I'm focusing..." Y/n shouted, her nose got red, from being in the rain earlier but also from that conversation. The two boys shut their mouths. Dustin glared at Steve.

The three kept searching the mall, but they were not getting anywhere. "Target acquired," Dustin said. They got up and followed the said 'Russian spy'. Steve, when running, bumped into a random man, he yelled at Steve which made the spy turn around. Y/n tugged Dustin's wrist to look at one of the windows of a shop, to seem less suspicious. "We should go in and buy that shirt..." She said. "Yeah..! We should.." He agreed.

The spy had finally turned back around which let the three of them keep following him. Steve, Y/n, and Dustin peeped around a corner to see where he was going. Their faces quickly turned sour as he entered a Zumba dance practice class. "Alright, ladies! Who is ready to sweat?!" The 'spy' exclaimed. He then reveals the clothes he had under the dark tracksuit.

The man then started his class. The three teenagers kept staring in disappointment. "Hey, doesn't mom go to those?" Y/n asked Steve jokingly. They made their way back to Scoops Ahoy to report back to Robin. "Robin, you are not going to believe who Dustin thought was a Russian," Steve made fun of him. "You did too!" Dustin sighed. Y/n laughed but noticed that Robin had rushed past them, the three turned around to look at her.

"Robin, what's wrong?" Y/n asked. "I cracked it," she said. "Cracked what?" Steve questions. "I cracked the code."

Later that night, the four of them decided to go spy on some warehouse workers outside, in the rain. "Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman shoes," Robin tells them. Dustin looked out with his binoculars, "They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." Steve rubbed water out of his eyes to see better. "What's in there?" Steve asked. "Guns and bombs maybe..." Y/n said. "Chemical weapons?" Robin added. "Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth," Dustin said.

"Great... that's great," Steve sighed. The doors began to open which intrigued Robin. "Hey! What's in there?" she asked. "It looks like more boxes," Y/n replied. "Let me check it out," Steve said taking the binoculars from Dustin. "No! I'm still looking," Dustin exclaimed. They began fighting over the binoculars.

Like idiots, they dropped the binoculars which made a very loud noise. They all ducked behind the wall, the suspicious workers had pulled out their guns. Y/n clutched onto Dustin's arm, which he did aswell. They quickly ran off when the men began to shout. Soaking, they rushed inside. "Well, I think we found your Russians," Robin said. They were all pretty scared. Y/n got closer to her brother for comfort.

It's not that often that some random teenagers find a secret evil organization.

⎯⎯ ୨ Authors Corner ୧ ⎯⎯
Hey guys, sorry I've been really busy with school. It's the last semester so yk- lots of work. Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter.

↳ *Word count: 1102 * ༉‧₊˚✧