1. the arrival.

(Navisha's pov)

KAUR'S PALACE; PUNJAB

PRINCESS NAVISHA'S ROOM

I sat at my desk, the summer breeze from the open jharokha (window) playing with the loose strands of my hair

I sat at my desk, the summer breeze from the open jharokha (window) playing with the loose strands of my hair. My room, with its pale blue walls and vibrant Punjabi folk art, was my sanctuary. 

 "tujhe jaana padega, Navisha," Avyukt, my older brother, stood leaning against the doorway. He was dressed in a traditional attire, a crisply ironed kurta and jeans.

"Please bhai, mujhe nahi jana Rajasthan." I tried to reason with him, my voice laced with frustration. I didn't want to go to Rajasthan, especially not to Revaansh rai Singhania's kingdom.

That man was insufferable.

"Navisha, listen to me," Avyukt bhai walked over and sat down beside me,. "I have a very important meeting in Delhi, and Maa and Papa are still in Europe. Chachu and Chachi need to stay here to take care of Daarji. Tu akeli nahi hogi, Ishita bhi jaa rahi hai tere saath."

I sighed, turning to look at my reflection in the small hand-painted mirror on my desk. A princess should look composed, I reminded myself, even when she felt anything but. 

"Revaansh rai Singhania is unbearable, bhai. Wo aadmi toh khud ko duniya ka Raja samajhta hai!" 

The thought of dealing with Revaansh's arrogance for an entire wedding was the last thing I wanted.

"Well he practically is king of rajasthan but you need to be there for Avishka. It's her wedding, Navisha," bhai replied, his tone turning a bit sterner. "Sometimes, we have to put aside our personal feelings for family's sake." 

exactly. his sister, avishka.

I knew he was right, but that didn't mean I had to like it. "Fine," I muttered. "But I am not doing this for Revaansh. I'm doing it for Avishka and because you're asking me."

bhai smiled, "Thank you, Navisha. I promise, 3 din baad I'll be there."

Three days. How bad could it be? With a plan set, I stood up, smoothing down my kurti. "I'll start packing. Ishita ko bhi bol dena."