12

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*

Grady, Edaline, Dex, and Valerie flashed away, leaving Sophie with Alden. Grady and Edaline dropped Dex off at his house while Valerie was exploring the pastures at Havenfield. She was helping the gnomes feed Verdi. Unfortunately, Verdi never likes her vegetarian diet, so it took a while to feed her.

By the time Grady and Edaline arrived home, Valerie was utterly drained from the day's tumultuous events. She collapsed onto her bed, longing for a moment of peace. But just as she closed her eyes, her Imparter began to ring, shattering the tranquility she had.

"Hello, Valerie," Clara said, as her face appeared on the small screen.

"Hey. How are you?" Valerie asked.

"Good. I heard about what happened today."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, and I think we should talk about it, in person. Are you doing anything?"

"No, I'm free right now."

"Perfect, I will see you at Havenfield."

"Great! See you then." Valerie said, with a small smile.

Soon, Clara arrived at Havenfield and Valerie bid goodbye to Grady and Edaline.

"How was your tribunal?"

"Good. Stressful." Valerie laughed.

"I'm sure it was. Do you have any idea where you heard of the location of Marquiseire."

"No idea, but I wish I knew. It would make things a lot easier."

"Well, how has school been?"

"Good, I have some friends and I like all of my classes."

"That's great to hear! What about living with Grady and Edaline?"

"I really like it. If was a bit weird at first, but I eventually got into a routine."

Clara nodded and smiled, relieved that Val was settling in and finally finding her place among them. It had been a whirlwind of a day, full of unexpected events and tense moments. Valerie couldn't help but feel a surge of gratitude now that the entire ordeal over stars was officially over. Clara's imparter stared to ring, "Oh, Valerie, give me one moment."

"Ok, I'll go over by the trees to give you some more privacy."

It took a few minutes for Clara to finish her talk with someone named Blur. Not that she was eavesdropping.

"Hey, Valerie, I have to go."

"Oh, ok. I should probably see if Sophie is back home."

Both of the elves light leaped back to Havenfield where they saw Verdi and Grady in a battle, one Grady was seemingly losing.

"Hey, kid! Sophie and Edaline are inside. I'll join you guys once Verdi eats her food." Grady said, sounding slightly out of breath.

"Ok, I will see you soon." Valerie stated while walking towards the door. "Bye, Clara."

"Bye, Valerie. I hope to see you again soon."

"I do too."

Valerie walked into her house as Clara light leaped away. When she entered Val saw Edaline and greeted her. Edaline looked sad and a little hurt, she decided not to mention it in fear of making her more upset. After, she trudged up to the third floor only to find Sophie looking at a book with a teal cover with a swan on the cover.