12: Jokes on you

April 11th, '25 | 📍Los Angeles, CA

"Baby, for the love of all things good, if you cry in pain like that one more time we're calling the doula," Renee yelled out as I winced in pain. For the past day or two my back pains have been lowkey unbareable but little stink isn't ready to be born yet and I don't wanna risk anything.
"I know I'm sorry," I said as my lip quivered. I tried to stop but I couldn't control it. She sighed and pulled me into her, rubbing my back.
"I'm sorry for yelling baby. But you gotta understand, you are my number one priority. If you're hurting that bad, you need to get checked out love," she whisper as I nodded.
"I know I'm just scared. I'll text Maya and see if she can come later on," I said as she kissed the top of my head.
"That sounds like a plan baby. You gotta stop giving Godmommy such a hard time in there little boy," she mumbled as she tapped my belly. I gaped, popping her hand.
"Don't do that asshole," I said now laughing a bit.
"There's that pretty smile," she said as I playfully rolled my eyes. I reached to grab the remote and unpaused the tv, as friends started playing again.
"What do you want for lunch y/n/n?" She asked as she opened the DoorDash app on her phone.
"Mmm can we get cava? The harissa chicken would be so good right now," I said almost moaning at the thought of it. She chuckled and nodded.
"Sure thing. Your usual?" I nodded and she placed the order before leaning over and kissing me.
"I love you so much my angel," she said as I grinned.
"I'm so in love with you MJ, I love you a thousand times more," I said completely enthralled with the woman infront of me. My phone dinged and I swiped it open seeing Maya had responded

Y/n Murray (client): Hey Maya, I'm having some really bad back pains...like it's been debilitating and going on for about two days now. Is that normal?
Maya (doula): hey Y/n! Don't worry yourself too much. It could just be from the little guy growing in there. Let's do a check up today around 3if you're available?

I opened my calendar to check and I had nothing scheduled for today so I texted back letting Maya know today at 3 was good before telling Renee.
"I have an Appointment at 3 today with Maya. Are you busy or you chilling for the day?" I asked as she looked up from the tv screen.
"I'm free, I'll be here," she said as I nodded, leaning over and laying my head on her shoulder. She snaked her arm around my waist before gently rubbing my back. I would never say it out loud because her ego is big enough as is, but her touch alone made me feel ten times better than before. I looked at my phone seeing it was only 11:37 am.
"Baby I'm gonna take a little nap. Just put my food in the fridge when it gets here," I said as she nodded grabbed the blanket off the arm of the couch to cover me up.
"Sweet dreams angel baby," she said as I slowly drifted off.
—————————

I woke up to the sound of the ring doorbell going off and Renee standing to go answer it.
"Good nap baby?" She asked as I chuckled siping the sleep from my eyes.
"Mmhm," I stood up and stretched as much as I could before little dude kicked the shit out of me causing me to burn over in pain.
"Jesus boy. Calm down, it's still my body," I spoke to my belly as Maya and Renee walked in.
"He seems to think otherwise huh?" Maya said as we all laughed.
"How are you feeling in general?" She asked as she began setting everything up.
"Good, better now that I got a nap in," I said as she laughed agreeing.
"Alright so we're gonna do the basics, blood pressure, weight, all that food stuff and then we'll get to the fun part," she said as she waved the ultrasound wand making me smile because I love when we get to see his little face. She started with my blood pressure and salty it was a little too high.
"Any stress? High salt foods recently?"she asked as I shook my head.
"No no stress and I've actually completely changed my diet so no," I said confused.
"Okay, no worries, it could just be the pregnancy. We're gonna do a few more test though. Just to cross out Preeclampsia," she said as I nodded now getting worried. Nae held my hand, brushing her thumb over it comfortingly. She did a few more test before smiling up at me.
"Okay so you aren't checking any other boxes that would scream preeclampsia, however your bp is insanely high so I'm gonna have the doctor prescribe you something for that. Now let's get to our favorite part, and see why this back has been causing you so much pain," I laid back and lifted up Nae's large sweatshirt I had on exposing my belly and underwear. But shit, everyone in here had seen my whole coochie at this point so it was nothing. She began the ultrasound and I couldn't help but smile seeing him appear. I grabbed my phone and took lots of videos and pictures, sending them in the group chat with Kyle and Noah.
"Alright look at that. So this would be the cause for your back pain. Any soreness in the rib area?" She asked as I shrugged.
"A little but nothing abnormal," I said as she giggled.
"Well it seems this little guy has made a home for himself with his feet towards your lower back and head in between your ribs," she said as I gasped laughing.
"He said jokes on you god mommy, I'm just doing Pilates in here," she said giggling again.
"Oh you little shit!" I said laughing my ass off. That caused him to become annoyed and move into a different position.
"Oh okay that's good! Cause my next concern was gonna be him being breeched this late into the pregnancy, but he's seemed to turn around so we're all good there," she said as she handed me wipes to clean my belly as she began putting her equipment away.
"Thank you so much for coming today, even though it was borderline for nothing," I said hugging her.
"Nonsense Y/n! You call and bother me anytime,any day. I'm here for you guys, seriously," she said looking back and forth between Renee and I. We thanked her before she headed out and Nae kissed my forehead before lowering to my belly.
"You better stop giving my wife issues in there little boy," she said before holding my belly firmly and kissing it. I smiled at the action, before snapping a picture.
"Mmkay I'm gonna go shower and then I'll be back and maybe i can record some content before we go to Ju's game," I said as she nodded.
"Okay baby," I hurriedly showered before getting out and wrapping myself in the white towel. I got dressed in my underwear before admiring my belly. I snapped some pictures because I know it will soon be gone and I'll miss it so much

 I snapped some pictures because I know it will soon be gone and I'll miss it so much

Liked by scarlett and 19,390 others
Ynangel Hey! Look at how huge belly is. And now my ass is gone🫤rip
View all 1,903 comments
Melnikhol oh Jesus your huge
↪️Ynangel wow jeez thanks Mel😒
Reneerapp my two fave ppl🥹
↪️Ynangel we love you auntie Nae!
Jujubballin omg put the titties away!🫨
↪️Ynangel girl boo. Smd

Excuse all errors
Ajah 🫶🏽