starting lineup

y/n pov

You begin waking up, feeling unusually comfy. You slowly open your eyes to see a sound asleep Kyra, underneath you, her arm wrapped loosely around your waist. You look at her confused before remembering the night before when you were unnaturally confident, telling her she could stay with you in your bed. You smile at her before snuggling closer to her wanting to savour the sweet moment between the two of you, even if Kyra wasn't awake yet. Slowly, she began to stir, looking around and taking in her surroundings before looking at your figure, with your head on her chest. "Good morning." She says with a raspy morning voice. Internally you feel these butterflies, unlike any you have ever experienced before but you push them away and ignore them, focusing on replying to Kyra. "Morning ky." You say sleepily. After a moment of silence and staring at each other, you hear a small pitter patter of feet running towards your room. "Oh crap, just say you were having a sleepover if she asks okay?" You say to Kyra, hoping she doesn't panic too much. "Oh, I- er okay." You hold her hand under the duvet, squeezing it gently when your bedroom door opens and Hailee comes bounding in to jump on your bed. But she stops when she sees Kyra. 

"Kyra? What you still doing here?" She questions. "Oh, I- me and your mama were just having a sleepover." Kyra says. You smile at her proudly, and Hailee replies with a small 'okay' then jumps on the bed. "Mama do I have school today?" Hailee asks. "Oh sh-sugar, yes you do. Let's get you ready quickly." You check the time on your phone, it reads 8:00, the time you normally leave to drop Hailee off. You reluctantly but quickly release Kyra from your grip and climb out of the bed, following the energetic Hailee into her room to get her ready for school. After getting her ready, you tell Kyra that you are going to drop Hailee off at school and tell her she can go home if she wants, giving her the spare key to your house. Hurriedly, picking up Hailee's school bag you run out to the car with Hailee to strap her in her car seat. After driving quickly, you arrive at the school at 8:45, walking Hailee in so you can explain to the teacher why she was late. 

After dropping Hailee off you get into your car and check your phone.

 Text message from Kyra 💖

Kyra: hey y/n/n, had to go home to get ready for training, i locked the door don't worry. I'll see you at training don't be late! x

You smile at the message, sending a quick reply of 'that's okay, I'll see you in a bit x' before checking the time. 

9:00. 

Training starts at 9:30. 

You have half an hour to go home, get your kit then drive all the way to the training grounds. You quickly put your seatbelt on, driving as quick as possible to your house, and you quickly run in to pick up your kit. 

9:15.

"15 minutes to get the training grounds... I should be fine." You say to yourself. You park up in the car park, grab your bag and practically sprint into the changing rooms, getting changed as quickly as possible. 

9:40.

You run out onto the pitch to see the girls in a huddle around Jonas, they all turn to look at you. "Ha! 10 pounds for me Katie!" Leah says to Katie McCabe who sighs and rolls her eyes playfully. "Were you betting about if I'd be late?" You say to Leah. "Of course! It's easy money." She says jokingly. You gently smack her arm to which she responds with a hurt face, and you turn your attention to Jonas. "Right girls focus in please, we have a match on Saturday, which is in just two days and it's against Chelsea so we need to be on our best form.  Now I know y/n is new but she's a great asset to the team and works well with everyone so I have decided to start her." You look at him surprised with what he said. "You want me to start? What about everyone else on the team, I'm only new after all." "I believe you'll do the team well, and I want you to prove it." He says in reply, before returning back to talking about the starting line up and the game plan for the match. 

After training you and the rest of the girls begin walking back into the changing rooms. "I can't believe Jonas wants me in the starting lineup!" You say. "I can. I know you'll do good, you deserve to start y/n." Kyra says reassuringly. "But what if-" "no what ifs y/n/n, I know you'll do good and so does Jonas. He believes in you and so does the rest of the team. Who cares what anyone else thinks!" Kyra smiles at you. "Thats the thing though, you saw the hate less got for moving from Manchester United to Arsenal and now I'm doing the same thing. What are people gonna say? how are they gonna act? What if I'm hated?" You begin to overthink. "If that happens I'll be here for you okay? I'm sure everyone will love you over time anyways, even if it takes them time to adjust." Kyra says. "Thanks ky, I know we've only known each other for a couple days but you know just how to make me feel better, it's like I've known you all my life." 

You arrive in the changing rooms, both smiling at each other, before reluctantly breaking the eye contact. "Thanks Kyra, I really mean it." "Anytime y/n/n, I'll always be here for you." Kyra says, still smiling at you and admiring your beauty. 

ebs' notes

Hi! Thanks for the views and votes I really appreciate it!

thought I'd tell you a bit about myself so my name's ebony, but most people call me ebs. I'm British. I like football, tennis, afl or Australian football, and marvel. 

Also sorry if this chapters short and if you have any ideas for the story lmk!