Taking it Slow (Adrien)

Adrien led Marinette through the winding paths of the park, the moonlight casting a gentle glow around them. Her presence seemed to shimmer in this ethereal light, her dark hair catching hints of silver and her eyes reflecting the serene beauty of the night sky. He couldn't help but notice how the soft illumination highlighted her delicate features, making her appear almost otherworldly. His heart failed to keep steady.

They reached the fountain, its cascading water creating a soothing melody in the background. Adrien settled on the edge, gesturing for Marinette to come and join him. She gracefully took a seat beside him, the moonlight bathing her in a soft radiance that seemed to enhance her every movement. She didn't need the costume to say she was a goddess, she oozed it constantly, his heart soaring with love and devotion.

Taking a deep breath, he knew the moment had come. They'd been playing this game long enough, and he just couldn't continue pretending when everything he wanted was so close for his taking. All it would take was a little confidence and belief.

He turned towards Marinette, his heart racing with anticipation. "Marinette," he began, his voice steady yet filled with emotion, "there's something I need to tell you."

But just as he was about to lay his heart on the line, a flash of light disrupted the tranquillity from near the carousel. They turned towards the unexpected interruption, their conversation momentarily derailed.

"What was that?" Marinette asked, her brow furrowing with curiosity.

Adrien glanced back at her, a slight smile tugging at his lips. "I think it's a sign," he said playfully, his eyes twinkling. "Let's continue this conversation somewhere a bit more private. Do you think your parents would mind me coming in?"

For a moment, he'd forgotten who he was and what they really were. The conversation they were about to have out in the open would have been incredibly stupid considering they were meant to be head over heels in love and engaged. He'd almost lost himself, forgetting that this could all be destroyed if the wrong people had the wrong information.

Even though he was now being seen once again as Adrien Agreste, not Monarch's son, he didn't need anything that could turn all this positivity into negativity. Marinette had done this for him. She'd made him feel worthy again, and shown it to the rest of the world. She'd never stopped believing and her support was more than anything.

Together, they rose from the fountain's edge, the lingering magic of the moonlight still dancing around them — along with more flashes from behind. Adrien offered Marinette his hand, and she accepted it with a nod and a warm smile.

They strolled out of the park, the night air filled with a sense of anticipation, only to increase as his fingers slid between hers. In a way, their hearts were already one.

Soon, they reached the bakery, Marinette digging around for her keys and opening the door. She placed her finger to her lips before nodding at Adrien. They stepped inside, greeted by the lingering aroma of freshly baked bread and delicious treats. Marinette waited for Adrien to pass, before locking the door and leading him up the staircase and into the main apartment.

They crept through as silently as possible, Marinette only stumbling twice as they headed up to her room — her old room. The place was now full of partially packed boxes, and their discarded clothing from earlier that evening.

"Do you mind if I just change into something more comfortable?" She was stalling for time, a usual Marinette deflection from serious matters.

His lips turned up compassionately. "Of course. I'll get changed here too...if that's okay?"

She nodded, grabbed a pile of clothes, and ran down the staircase, leaving him alone. Wandering around, he peered into the boxes, checking what she had packed so far and how much of her life she was willing to put into this relationship. One box contained books, another drawing supplies, then another which contained...