So High School (Rated M)

AN: First attempt at a little bit of smut. Be kind

January 23rd, 2023
Taylor's POV:

I am sprawled out on the couch at the studio with Jack putting the final details on my new album. Most of my fans are expecting me to announce Reputation( Taylor's Version) soon, but I am finishing up my 11th studio album and I can not wait to tell them in a few weeks.

"Tay, you look conflicted what's wrong?" Jack asks me after we have finished most of the album and the time is crawling towards midnight.

"I have two songs that I have an idea for..." I say glancing at my notes on my phone without looking up.

"For which album? The original or the Anthology?" He asks typing away at the computer. The plan is to announce The Tortured Poets Department at the Grammys and at 2:00am the night of the album drop, announce an additional handful of songs called the Anthology.

"I think one for each, maybe. I don't know if I should put them on there." Jack gives me a questioning glance and walks over to the couch I am sprawled on.

"You are never unsure, what's the hesitation?" He asks pushing my legs out of the way so he can sit next to me. I continue to look over the sporadic lyrics I have in my notes and bite my lip.

"Oh. They are about Travis aren't they?" He says softly. I look over shyly at him and let out a groan. I don't know why I am hesitating because I have never hesitated when it comes to talking about my relationships in songs. Hell, I warned Travis very early on to make sure it was something he would be comfortable with in the future. Turns out, the future came quicker than I thought.

"Yeah.... I just don't know if I want to put him on this album that is filled my with past, but also I think it would be a good contrast from the depression and betrayal vibes." I look back down at my phone and see the the two song snippets I have already written. The first one screams Jack to me and the other one is more of Aaron's vibe.

"Why don't we just see what happens and you can decide if you want it on the final album? We have enough songs that if you decide to hold back, it won't hurt the album." He says nudging my leg with his. I look up at him and realize he is right.

"Alright, I have one I need your help on. I think the other one is more of Aaron's wheelhouse. I think the one I need your assistance on is going to be called The Alchemy." I say excitedly.

"The Alchemy? Alright, let's hear what you've got so far." Jack says handing me a guitar and sets up the system to record.

"Ok, it's rough but here is part of the chorus I have:

Touch down, call the amateurs and cut 'em from the team
Ditch the clowns, get the crown, baby, I'm the one to beat
'Cause the sign on your heart said it's still reserved for me
Honestly, who are we to fight the alchemy?

When I finish the chorus I look over and see Jack trying to keep the smile off his face.

"Yeah, football man has invaded your brain officially. Not saying I don't like the song, because I do. I have some ideas let me go grab a guitar as well." He smirks and leaves the studio and I quickly check my phone seeing a text from Travis.

Travis: I hope you and Jack are getting so much done in the studio. I just doordashed you both coffee and food since I know you always forget to eat. Love you baby girl.

Fuck I love this man. I see the notification from door dash pop up letting me know they dropped off the food with the receptionist so I walk out the door running into Jack.

"You ok?" He asks concerned at my abrupt departure.

"Yeah be right back. Trav ordered us food."

When I walk back in the studio I see Jack has a notebook out and is scribbling lyrics down and glances up when he sees me.