Kabanata 12

Kabanata 12

It was tiring. Sometimes, I just think of ending it all but a little hand was still reaching for me. I wanted to silence the demons but an angel's tiny voice was still calling for me.

I was still needed. I can't give up. Not yet.

Kapag nawala ako? Paano na ang Snow ko?

Wala na kaming masasandalan. Kaming dalawa lang, kapag nawala ako, wala akong aasahang iba para sa anak–at walang balak asahan ang iba para sa anak.

But I was a fucking mess. I'm sick in the head. Could I really take care of her?

Mist came back and offered me help. Masama ang loob ko at iniwan niya ako but I was still happy and accepted it. Short na short na kami sa hospital fees ni Snow. Naubos na halos lahat no'ng nakulimbat ko sa tatay niya na 'di ko na napigilan ang sariling kumuha rin kay Marcus.

I know. I know I should be in jail for stealing but I had no choice. 'Yong isang resto na pinagtatrabahuhan ko para sa extra ay nagsara.

At saka mayaman naman ang mga Sandejas, I'm sure what I took wouldn't scratch their wealth. They're one of the highest taxpayers for a reason, right?

Fuck it. I'm already a bitch in their eyes, bakit pa ako magmamalinis?

I hated to leave the twins there but even if I was irritated at Marcus, he was a great father. Kahit anong away namin no'n ay mabuti siyang ama sa mga bata at 'di ako nagsisising 'di ko sinunod si Varsha at ibinigay ko ang mga anak niya sa ama nila.

Just that... I feel bad. I think it was somehow my fault that he got into an accident and lost his sight. Nagpauto na naman ako kay Mist. I somehow thought–or at least hoped that she was genuine with the help she offered me.

Nagtaka ako no'ng bumalik siya't mas sosyal na siya at may pera kaysa noon pero 'di ako nagtanong pa dahil tumulong siya sa hospital fees ng anak ko. Hindi ko alam na may kapalit pala iyon...

Marcus apparently saw me with a man in I think, a hotel? He probably thought I was with a boy and was cheating on him. Well, technically we weren't married and I didn't know what happened but he saw me–but it was actually Mist who fucking hell, looks identical to me and Varsha now.

Mist had threatened to stop the help with my daughter's treatment if I wouldn't let her go to Marcus' home anymore. I heard she was sneaking there disguised as me and now, she began asking me to sign cheques for her.

"Promise me one thing," I remembered telling her.

She looked at me, her eyes cold. "What?"

My heart spiked. My jaw was clenched as I stared at my exact reflection looking back at me. It was hard to tell who's who.

What the fuck is this woman trying to do?

"Don't touch the twins," banta ko. "I don't fucking care about what you do with the money or what you're planning but do not touch the kids, you understand me?"

I saw humor danced in her eyes but I wasn't kidding. Hinaklit ko siya palapit sa akin.

"What?!" She groaned when my grip on her arm hurt her. I didn't care.

"Promise me..." I hissed. "Promise not to touch the twins."

She scoffed but I saw pain contorted in her expression.

"Ano ba?! Why would I follow a fucking addicts like you–"

"Answer me!" I hissed, wala nang pakialam kung pinagtitingan na kami ng ilang tao na nasa visitation.

She gasped and looked around but there was no staff around and she couldn't escape me.

"Ano ba! Bitiwan mo 'ko! Bakit ako susunod sa 'yong alcoholic ka–"