Something About Her

S12 E9 Something about her.

This Ep most felt was a ' nothing ep.' And so there wasnt a lot to write about.... So ive written a filler scene of after Kelly returns from handing the music tape back to Antione.

Stellaride are a couple... so all couples talk about something... dont they?

( sorry its been a while... I needed some time..... )

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Whether Kelly Severide was fighting fires or solving arson crimes, he was generally causing his wife some kind of anxiety.  And Rappers hangouts were not somewhere Severide easily blended into the background and while he may have exonerated Antoine Kennedy from the music studio fire and retrieved his prized songs for him, not everyone welcomed an 'outsider' into somewhere they considered as their safe space. So when Kelly had decided to  revisit Poppin Billiards to return Antoine's tape, Stella hadn't been entirely enthusiastic. Not that the prospect of finding trouble would bother him. And of course, as normal Kelly had brushed aside her concern with that smile that he reserved exclusively for her, and just like every other time, she gave in with an inner sigh, knowing that he was never gonna stop finding trouble and she was never gonna stop worrying.

"Please be careful." She'd told him before she got out of the car for her shift at Molly's. Again.
She'd forgotten the number of times she'd said that to him in their relationship. Even when they hadn't been together and just friends, her anxiety over him had ended her relationship with her then boyfriend, Zac. But in hindsight, she knew that was more about Zac being astute enough to see what she had been trying to deny to herself. That she was hopelessly in love with her roomie.

"You know, when he's not jumping out of buildings in his day job, he's hunting down drug dealers..."  Rolling her eyes in pained exaggeration, Stella tossed back a shot of scotch. "I mean.. am I proud of him? Of course I am, but you know..... I'd quite like my hair to stay this nice dark shade for a few more years without him worrying me into an early head of greys!  This whole silver fox thing he's got going on...damn hot on him....on me...?" Stella shook her head dramatically. "No.no..no...."

Kylie was sitting at the bar listening to her idol Stella Kidd, a small smile playing around her mouth, enjoying the theatrics. This was a new side to their friendship that Kylie was really loving. Woman to woman. It was like being a "grown-up" at last, and it was a great feeling.

But a tut under her breath had Kylie following Stella's eyeline towards Molly's entrance in time to see Severide and a petite woman dressed in a CFD officers' uniform head towards them.

"Shoulda guessed..." Stella muttered under her breath. "Seager.. good to see you." She put down the bar towel she had in one hand.

Ah. Kylie instantly understood the irritation in Stella's voice. Wendy Seager, the OFI Lieutenant whom Stella loved to hate.

"Kidd." The normally brunette, newly turned blonde acknowledged, wearing her usual smirk.

Stella could never be quite sure whether Wendy Seager was secretly laughing at her or not. Did she know that her deliberate and  unashamed flirting with Kelly had for a long time irritated Stella, or was she totally oblivious to it? Over time, Stella had learned to ignore Seager, accepting that Kelly's interest in her was purely professional, but her women's intuition didn't quite trust that this Lieutenant wouldn't jump at the chance to hook up with Kelly given half a chance.

"I didn't realize you were investigating the studio fire?"
Stella couldn't help asking, grabbing a couple of beers from the fridge. Kelly hadn't mentioned catching up with Seager?