20

I woke up to an empty bed the next morning. Zuko was nowhere in the room. I sat up, confused. Where could he have gone in his state? That was when I heard voices from the kitchen. I stood up and stretched before heading towards Iroh and Zuko, who were talking in a gentle tone.

Zuko seemed like he was switched. He looked healthy and was glowing. He came over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. "Sora! You'll never guess! The King invited us to serve him tea!" he said. I looked at him, confused. "Why are you so happy? And why aren't you dying anymore all of a sudden?" I asked. "I'm feeling good again!" he just laughed. "Will you accompany us to the King this evening?" Iroh asked, smiling. "Sure," I mumbled, still suspicious about Zuko.

His mood didn't change the whole morning, and soon we were on our way to the palace. Zuko was carrying a box full of the things Iroh needed for his tea. When we were finally seated at a table, tea ready to serve, we waited for way too long. "What's taking so long?" Zuko finally asked, after we were all silent for a while. "Maybe the Earth King overslept," Iroh suggested.

That's when the weird-looking soldiers that were all around Ba Sing Se walked in and surrounded us. "Something is not right," I mumbled. "It's tea time," a female voice said. A voice that made my blood freeze immediately. I knew that voice too well. A small female came out between the soldiers. Zuko sprang to his feet. "Azula!" he exclaimed. Azula had this stupid smirk on her face. "Have you met the Dai Li? They're Earthbenders, but they have a killer instinct that's SO Firebender," she explained, "I just love it."

Iroh slightly pushed me back, and I slowly stood up. "You should be dead," Azula said and tilted her head a little bit. "I guess you failed. Maybe you're not as good as you think," I simply stated. I didn't care that I couldn't stand a chance against her without bending. I hated her guts. Zuko pushed me behind him. "Don't talk!" he said sharply. "Oh, I see. You are still together? Am I invited to your wedding?" she asked, "although... I wouldn't be sure there will be one after I'm finished with her..."

Iroh stood up as well. "Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname 'the Dragon of the West'?" he changed the subject. Azula sighed and inspected her fingernails. "I'm not interested in a lengthy anecdote, uncle," she said. "It's more of a demonstration, really," Iroh smirked and took a sip of the steaming hot tea. Then everything happened at once.

Zuko pulled me to the floor, and Iroh started turning and spewing fire, just like a dragon. That took the soldiers so much by surprise that Zuko could pull me back to my feet and pull me out of the room, Iroh right next to us. He was running so fast that I almost stumbled, but I gave my best to keep pace. A few soldiers were already behind us again, bending rocks to fly at us.

Iroh caused a huge explosion, and the wall before us crumbled. It was a bit to jump, but it was manageable. Iroh jumped first. I took Zuko's hand and pulled him with me towards the hole, but he stopped right in front of it. "Come on, you'll be fine," Iroh yelled from the ground. I stared at Zuko. "Come on, Zuko, let's jump together!" I said, panic in my voice. I just hoped he wouldn't do anything stupid today. "No," he simply said, "I'm tired of running."

"Don't be ridiculous! Come on now!" I pleaded. Zuko cupped my face in his hands and pressed a sweet kiss on my lips. "I'm sorry for all I did to you, and I love you. I really do," he said after pulling away. Then he pushed me out of the opening in the wall, staying behind himself.