𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲, 𝒂𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅

Ellis

I refuse to believe Elijah is taking a break from our relationship. He didn't even explain why.

"I think it's because of his parents." I state as I cross my arms as I look over at Tobias who sits next to me. He's been closer to me all day, like I was gonna run away and never look back.
Which is never going to happen. I was wrong not to respond back to his text. I was the one obviously over reacting.

"Remember when he had that panic?" Tobias pauses before continuing, "He was terrified that his parents were back."

"They must've done some messed up shit to him." I sigh as I look down at my lap.
"... You know... he hates himself."

I felt his gaze fall on me, and I lift my head to look at him. His expression his shocked, and other emotions I'm not able to read. Elijah is usually good at reading people and their emotions.

"...Why?"

"He told me that the people around him make him hate himself." I bit down on my lip, "I told him that I would make him love himself. See how amazing of a guy he is."

"When was this?"

"A while back, before we had started officially dating." I continued, "I get the feeling that he doesn't think we love him as much as he loves us."

"Why do you say?" He asks perplexed.

"I don't know. It's just a feeling. I think he thinks he doesn't deserve to be loved. Which I find crazy. All because of the bully he went through, and whatever shit his parents does to him, makes him think he isn't worth anything." I dig my nail into my skin. "All because of the people who would hurt him, he thinks doesn't deserve love. It really makes my heart hurt."

"And I'm sadly one of those people. Im one of the people that made him think he's not capable of being loved." He continues before looking up into the clouds as the wind whipped past our faces. "If you would have told me a few years ago that I would love Elijah, I would have laughed in your in your face. Because I thought he was weak. But he's stronger that me.

He kept all these emotions hidden for years, never letting them boil over. Yet I took all my anger and hatred towards my stepdad and threw it all at him. If I could go back in time and stop myself, I would."

"I know..." I stand up from the bench, "Come on, we're going to his house."

____

We walk up to his house, but Tobias stops before we get to the porch. Which makes me turn around with a puzzled look.

"I can't go in. They said if they see me again, they'll call the police." He states as he grabs my wrist. "We'll just say he left some work at school and we're giving it to him."

He nobs before we walk up the stairs onto the porch. We stand before the door with hesitation.
I take a deep breath and knock on the door. After a matter of moments the door opens and a woman stand before us.

She glares at Tobias before speaking, "Didn't I tell you—"

"We're just giving him the homework that he left at school." I flash my teeth at her as I step in front of Tobias, she gives me a look before opening the door wider.

I take Tobias's hand as we walk inside the house. The door behind us closed and we quickly made our way upstairs and into his room. We were met with him pacing his room.

He stops and looked up at us and his eyes widened. "Ellis, Tobias?" He bit down on his lips. "I—"

We pull him into a tight embrace as if we haven't seen one another in years, but it's only been a few days. I feel his arms wrap around us tightly, clearly he's missed us just as much as we missed him.

"I'm sorry about earlier Tobias. My parents told me not to talk to you guys and I knew you wouldn't stop trying—"

"I understand." Tobias pressures a kiss on his forehead. "I never want you two to do that again. That scared me so bad."

"Do what?"

"Ghost me. I thought something bad happened to you guys." Tobias explained, and I watch Elijah's face as Tobias continues. Which makes me notice the minor bruise on his cheek.

I place my hand on his cheek and let my thumb caress the bruise as my mind goes in different directions. "Why do you have this bruise on your cheek baby?"

"..." He stays silent and avoids my eyes, but leans into my palm.

"Is it your parents? Are they the ones doing this?" I ask carefully, as to not let his parents over hear. He stays silent, but nods which makes me cup his other cheek with my free hand and pull his forehead to my lips and press a kiss before pulling away. "What else have they done to you love?" I ask softly. I'm positive they've done more to him. That's why he's scared. I'm sure there are more injuries on him, or more bruises.

"Please don't tell anyone. It just makes it so much worse for me." He lifts his shirt, me and Tobias's eyes widen at the sight. He has bruises scattered across his torso.

"They're abusing you baby. We have to tell someone—" Tobias stops once he sees the tears swell in Elijah's eyes.

"Please... don't say anything."

"Hey, time to go!" His mom shouts from downstairs. Her tone seems displeasing.

"Please, if you love me, you won't say anything." He begs, tightly holding on to us, his body quivering. I feel pieces of my heart being chipped away as he holds onto me.

Tobias pulls him into another hug before placing a kiss down on his lips. He soon pulls away,
"I love you so much... more than you could imagine. Stay strong until we can help you."

"I love you too, and I promise you're not gonna have to deal with this for much longer." I state, wiping the tears that threatened to fall before walking to the door with Tobias.

Both of us are afraid to leave him.

We don't want too.