chapter one: whispers of Phoenix

Lost my way
Constantly pushing without rest
Within the harsh rainstorms
Lost my way
Within a complicated world without an exit
Lost my way
Lost my way
No matter how much I wander
I want to believe in my path
___________________________

The world as we knew it was prosperous, beautiful, pure, untainted; immortals moved among the mortals, and the spirits were free to live as they pleased. It was the pride of the rulers, and it thrived in total peace. But there is a saying that all good things must come to an end.

The foundation of the world was finally tainted as men's greed for power overtook their sense of goodness. The world broke into total chaos, everyone fighting for what they could get, for what was never theirs to begin with.

The spiritual rulers of the world looked down on the ones they called humans and were resentful.

 To protect the things that were theirs, laws had to be placed; the rulers built a place far from the hungry eyes of the mortals, seals placed on the power of the spirits only to be accessed by those worthy enough to yield it.

But among all this chaos was a clan free from the iniquity of the world. They drove for peace and wanted nothing more than the protection of those they called their own.

With all the struggles, the clan remained resolute in their pursuit of peace, refusing to succumb to the despair that threatened to engulf the world. Theirs was a legacy of resilience, a testament to the enduring power of hope in even the darkest of times.

The rulers saw their fortitude and made them ‘The people after their own hearts’. They gave them the power of the spirits and made them the protectors of the little goodness left in the world. But the will of humans could not be contained. That will fought for those powers, and soon enough the balance of creation was altered. The seal that contained the evil of the world was broken; there was no more hope.

And now as the rulers turned their back against the world they had built and nurtured, they left a token for the clan they loved. The world had one last salvation. The salvation they had long since turned their back against.

What was to be done when salvation was needed but was outright denied by the ones that needed it? Nothing! Absolutely nothing. 

The evil of the hearts of humans, rotting even the purest of spirits. Forces that were once protectors now turned to destroyers. Spirits that wanted nothing but peace fled from those they once saved.

And on one such occasion, a Phoenix spirit who had served his time but was still wanted by those monsters called humans fled from the terror his once-loving master now created with him. As it traveled bare, forces clung into its core, filled with sadness and anger with a vengeance so raw it shook the earth.

That's when it saw them, so pure and beautiful, little humans who wouldn't hurt a fly. Why did they look so panicked? it wondered. Moving towards them, it saw how bloody and wounded they were, clinging onto each other tightly.

It wanted so badly to help, but the force that he noticed was after them was higher than he could fight in its state, so it hid and watched.

It saw other humans running towards them, two men and two women. They stood in front of the little ones, fighting off the forces. When its power became overwhelming for the humans, the women had to flee with the children into the woods, leaving the men to fend for themselves.

Deciding to watch over the fleeing women, the Phoenix came out of his hiding spot when suddenly the little boy with the dark eyes turned towards it, his tiny eyes widening, “he could see me” the spirit exclaimed, that shouldn't be possible”.