Emily Finds Out

"You are an amazing actress, Julie!" I looked up from my work.

"Excuse me?" I questioned, caught off guard by Emily's sudden declaration.

Emily's grin widened, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Yeah, I heard all about it from Bex and Xan!"

My heart skipped a beat. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. You must have heard wrong," I stammered, trying to maintain composure.

"Oh, come on, Julie. Don't play dumb," Emily taunted. "You and Grayson? Fake relationship?"

My mind raced as I struggled to keep up with the conversation. How much did she know? "I don't know where you're getting this from," I insisted, my voice wavering.

"Don't lie to me," Emily shot back. "I was going to talk to Jameson, but I found you first."

My stomach churned with dread. If Jameson found out about our arrangement, it could ruin everything. "Please, Emily, don't do this," I pleaded, desperation creeping into my tone.

"Then break up with Grayson," she demanded, her expression turning sinister.

"I can't," I whispered,

"Can't or won't?" Emily challenged, her eyes narrowing.

"I won't," I asserted, summoning whatever courage I had left.

"Fine," Emily said with a shrug, her tone dripping with malice. "But don't say I didn't warn you." With that, she turned and walked away, leaving me to grapple with the consequences of her threat.