Chapter 39 Regrets

Lucas' POV

I drove. I drove until I hit the end of a road. I parked the car and looked ahead. A dead end sign staring me in the face.

Oh the irony

I got out of the car and screamed. I screamed with everything I was feeling. All the sadness and pain and anger.

I didn't care that it was raining. So I sat on the hood of my car out in the middle of nowhere, headlights still on, and cried. After everything we went through this is how it ended. I always thought my relationship with her would end because of something petty like her taking something I said wrong. Not this. Never did I ever could have imagined this.

My phone suddenly buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and covered it with my arm. I slid the button and put it to my ear.

"Hey man where are you and Kristen at?" Tyler asked.

"I'm on my way now sorry." I said.

"What do you mean you are on your way? Is Kristen with you?" He asked.

"It's a long story" I said before hanging up. I got back in my car and drove over to Jack and Allens.

On the way home I felt like I was riding an emotional roller coaster. At first it was pain and anger from the fact she cheated on me. Then it was the sadness that she used me. Then the confusion because it felt like she actually cared for me. Then I went numb and didn't feel a thing.

I tried to distract myself on the way with concentration. It was raining hard and the roads were very slippery. Yet, every time I tried to concentrate my mind reminded me why I was here in the first place.

Then it happens all over again. The emotions kept coming over me and there was nothing I could do about it but wait.

Once I got to Jack and Allen's house, I was beyond drenched. i stood in the doorway and wrung the bell, not really sure if it was alright for me to come into the house in my condition. The door flung open and I was face to face with Alex.

"Hey Lucas," she began "Oh my god Lucas why the hell are you all wet?"

"It was raining outside." I replied.

"No shit Sherlock. We know, but it only started a half hour ago. We left school two hours ago." Allen added as he came into the room, throwing me a towel, similar to the one around his neck.

Was I really gone for two hours?

"Yeah you were. Not to mention you didn't show up with Krissy. Where is she?" Tyler asked starting to get suspicious and angry.

Everyone went silent and looked up for me to answer. So I did.

"We just broke up." I said looking at the carpet next to me. It was the first time I had said it out loud, and that's what made it so hard. Saying it out loud made it real. It took everything in me to not look up from the ground, let alone get up and leave.

When the silence was too much to handle, I looked up and let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I tried not to but when I saw everyone's reaction I started crying. Julia was the first person to do anything, standing up and giving me a hug. It took me by surprise because we weren't all that close, But I took the offer regardless.

"What happened?" Clara asked, obviously confused. I glared at her in response and took a step back. She knew about it all this time. And here she was acting as if everything was okay.

Alex looked at me with wide eyes "Lucas can I talk to you a minute please?"

I looked at her confused. She was Kristen's new best friend, making me question whether or not she knew about the cheating. I gave her a nod and walked out the door, hoping she would follow. the moment she did her newly dyed blue hair was drenched.She stared at me for a moment before speaking.