[one]

•Minefield•

•Minefield•

•Chapter One•

warning suicide * when it starts and ends.
The "italics" are different languages but just italics are flashbacks.

It was night in an old run-down church, with debris and trash all along the inside. In the middle of the church lay a woman who was writhing in pain. Her name was Angelica. She gasped for air and cried out as if she was giving birth. The woman crawled as best as she could in her state to a gun and a small tin box at the edge of the mattress. She set down the gun on a piece of concrete debris and opened the Tin box to reveal empty syringes of heroin and other substances.

Angelica cried out in pain again only this time reaching out a hand, telepathically, for her lover, Jonas. He grasped it as a sign he was there, putting her at ease. "I'm here." A British accent answered her.

"Jonas" she sighed in relief that she wouldn't have to do this completely alone, she sat up and leaned against him. He wrapped her in his embrace, "Yes, my love." Angelica sobbed, "It hurts." Jonas kissed the side of her head holding her, "I know."

From an outsider's perspective, they wouldn't be able to see him holding her as he was visiting to her and other sensates he connected with he was there but to anyone else she was alone.

"I need medicine." She begged, not to Jonas but to the universe hoping this wouldn't be it but she knew it was. "I'm sorry, my love, There's no more time. It has to be now." He said sadly, knowing she had to birth the cluster now.

Angelica sobbed, "Not ready. I'm too weak." Jonas kissed the side of her head and held her tighter. As his eyes watered, he said, "None of us were as strong as you." Jonas continued to try and soothe her.

"I don't want anyone else to die because of me." She sobbed in pain and sadness as she said those words. "They'll be hunted.... Born or unborn." She grunted in severe pain. "You can give them a fighting chance." He laid her down as she cried and writhed in pain.

Angelica gasped with her eyes open as if she was seeing something for the first time and she was. Her Children. "I see them." She whispered, seeing all of her children living their lives.

A Spanish actor doing his job in Mexico City, Mexico.

An Icelandic DJ smoking on the rooftop of a club she just performed at in London, England.

A Korean Businesswoman practicing tai chi in Seoul, Korea.

A German Locksmith dancing shirtless in a club in Berlin, Germany.

An American cop doing his night rounds in Chicago, Illinois.

An Indian pharmacist walking through her office building in Mumbai, India.