Chapter 3

༺❀༻Different This Time༺❀༻

POV: MerlynGauis took me into town, the people had informed him that there was a strange death

POV: Merlyn
Gauis took me into town, the people had informed him that there was a strange death. We went to confirm this, and the body we found did look odd. His skin was weirdly pale, paper white even, and his veins were dark blue. And his eyes...they were completely white and empty looking.

"I've never seen a body like this before! The people will panic when they see this..." I took a sheet and covered the body. "Help me lift him onto the carriage."

We went back to the castle, he needed to probably examine the body. The people thankfully didn't pay much mind to us as we passed them. "Merlyn!" Someone exclaimed happily.

"Gwen! On your way to the castle?" She nodded her head. My eyes wandered to the flowers she had in her hands. They were purple, simple but pretty. "Oh! Who got you those? Or...are you gifting them to someone?" I asked in a teasing voice. She went a bit red and I knew I was right!

"My father got them for me...I was going to give them to Lady Morgana." She admitted sheepishly. "Would you like one?"

"Only if you don't mind!" She put a flower behind my ear for me with red tinted cheeks. "They are very pretty, Lady Morgana will be delighted, I'm sure." Gwen walked happily ahead to the castle. Skipping almost. Mhm...she did have a spark in her eyes when she talks about Lady Morgana. Sweet.

"Merlyn! We have work to do!"

"Right!" We kept walking until we arrived at our chambers. Laying the body on a table, we looked at it puzzled. "What now?"

"I'm not sure. I doubt something like this can come from nature-"

"MERLYN!" Unexpectedly, Arthur knocked on the door harshly. My eyes widened in surprise. I cast a questioning look at Gauis, and he motioned his head for me to open the door.

Opening the door, I looked at him with a stern expression. "Yes, my prince?" I was asked, more like ordered, to work for him again. But I was still upset with him. I was still waiting for some sort of apology, and then I remember who I'm thinking about. It's Arthur. The royal meat-head who liked to bully other people. I'd probably have to wait for an apology till the day I die.

"...flower."

"Sorry?" Not even a hello first, huh?

"You-you have a flower there," he pointed to my ear, clearing his throat. "From whom?"

"Gwen...was there something you wanted?"

Now he looked a little confused. "You were late. I wanted to make sure you are alright." He averted his eyes. "And could you please tell Gauis that my father wants to see him?"

"Gauis had asked for my help. But I'll be right there now." I closed the door in his face.

"Gauis-"

"I heard. It is a wonder that you aren't a dead maid by the way you talk to him. Anybody else would be executed by now!" He raised his eyebrow.