Chapter Two

It had seemed a bit odd to him, given the whole thing was some elaborate PR stunt designed to make the headlines, that she was worried about him being seen by the paparazzi. He was more than happy to go around the back, the idea of being blinded by the flashes and having to fight his way through was less than appealing, but it was odd nonetheless.

It wasn't until he turned the corner on to the street of the hotel that he realised the scale of it. There were people everywhere and it wasn't just photographers, there were fans lined up, police officers and barricades up to keep them out of the road as best as they could. It was actually insane, he'd never seen anything like it.

He followed the instructions he'd been given, ducking down a side street and arriving at the side door where Cassie was waiting for him. "Hi Lando, come in." She smiled, pulling the door firmly closed behind them.

"It's mad out there, is it always like that?" He asked curiously, following her as she ushered him through what appeared to be a kitchen and into a service elevator.

Cassie grimaced. "It's getting worse. I booked three different hotels in the hope they might not figure out which one we were actually staying in but clearly it didn't work."

"That's crazy." He breathed. "And I thought I had it bad sometimes."

"Most of them are friendly." Cassie shrugged. "There's just a few of them that aren't so nice, especially since the breakup, and she'll never say it but I know it bothers her."

He so desperately wanted to ask more questions, but the lack of answers he'd been able to gain from the internet only intrigued him further. He knew she'd been in a relationship, a serious one, for the last five years. It seemed like the majority of the songs he'd heard last night were about him, but he wasn't sure what had happened or when and how that tied in with the fact he was now stood outside her hotel room.

Cassie let him in, yelling that she'd be back at 4pm to get Hannah ready to go for the show that night. Then she left, leaving Lando standing there awkwardly.

"Come in." Hannah waved at him wearily, not getting up from her spot on the sofa.

He kicked his shoes off, walked in and sat down on the sofa opposite her. She looked like a completely different person to the woman he'd met backstage last night. Her long blonde hair was scraped back off her face and shoved into a bun on the top of her head, she didn't have a scrap of makeup on and the exhaustion was clear as day on her face. "Thanks for coming, I couldn't face the idea of getting dressed and going out into that." She gestured to the window.

"It's pretty crazy out there." He agreed.

She nodded in agreement, then went quiet for a moment. "I know this is all a bit weird, I'm sorry." She gave him a hesitant smile that still didn't reach her eyes.

"It is a bit weird, isn't it? I've only got myself to blame I guess... How about you?"

Her blue eyes locked onto his, looking almost startled by the question. "I um... I've got a new album coming out and they don't like the way it sounds with the news of the breakup with Joe." She mumbled. "I think Cassie is worried it makes me sound like I should be in the psych ward."

He laughed quietly, unsure of what to say. "So what, they think if you look happy enough with someone else to the rest of the world it'll be okay?"

"Something like that." She mumbled. "It's stupid. Who goes on tour singing three hours of love songs about their ex every night and comes out of that looking happy?"

He didn't have an answer to that one. It was there again, that look in her eyes he'd seen last night. "So are you actually a Formula One fan, or did she make that up too?"