ⅩⅩⅩⅠⅠ

The white-haired boy was walking in the snow wearing the cloak given to him by the woman, whose name he still doesn't know. The woman was walking ahead of him. He decided to ask a question.

"Can I ask you something? I'm a demon. Why did you take me in?" The woman stopped and turned to him, her face holding no emotion at all.

"I don't know. You didn't ask why I'm pretending to be a man, either."

'In the human world, people think that a woman or a girl can't do anything other than housework and raise their kids. A girl could never attain a high-ranking job or prestige. Their potential had been circumscribed since birth. And now, with me being a woman, everything seems like I could do nothing.'

"I don't like hearing that. I wasn't at all satisfied with the way things were. I come from fire. All my abilities were born alongside destruction... so it wouldn't be wrong to say my life is cursed, like yours.

That's why I can't tolerate you dying. I won't stand for you perishing before your time is up. Now, what a half-demon like you see... when you look into the eye of a woman wandering this earth as a man?" The woman raised her hand. "Come with me. I'll trust you to have my back. I vow to become the emperor of the human realm." 

_________________________________________________________________

Jungkook looked at him, his hand placed on Biseol's. Biseol fell silent; all his thoughts were gone. He chuckled when Biseol retreated his hand, leaving a little blood mark on his cheek.

"I haven't slept like that for a while. Did they use drugs? It took me right out. I need to find out what they use once I get out of—"

"What if something had happened to you? What if I had been a little too late? Or if he revealed the truth to others..."

"Biseol. What do I have to worry about? I know you have my back." Jungkook said it with a small smile on his face.

"You can't brush this off by fluttering me."

"But it's true."

"You were in a lot of danger this time, master."

"I told you, it's fine."

Biseol sighed at his master. "Can't you take this more seriously?"

"Biseol."

"Yes?"

"You nag too much. Not only that, you're also a big worrier. I have to calm you down every time. I'm a little tired." He closed his eyes.

"Don't try to fight the drug. It's a potent plant that would have put you to sleep for three days if you were an ordinary person. Please trust that I'll take care of everything, so there is no issue, and go to sleep."

"All right." 'Than I'll trust you... and sleep a little while longer.'

_____________________________

The court lady, {who screamed before}, was now standing on top of the roof, scared that she might fall. She looked around, trying to find anyone coming her way.

'Why?! Why is nobody coming this way?! What's wrong with that man? I was crying and begging him to not leave!! Any decent men would've stayed!'

~Flashback

"I'm so scared! What if I run into him while I'm on my own?!!" She sobbed, but felt her feet lift from the ground and land on something else. She looked around, only to find herself standing on the roof.

"Then hide here until the sun rises. He won't be able to find you easily up here."

"Uh... um.."

"I have urgent business to take care of."