Chapter 18 - Tension

Sign in

February 4
6:25 am

LATOYA VIOLA "WILSON" BANKS| Toya POV |

| Toya POV |

"Mi tell yuh seh yuh did ago look nice," Monique snaps pictures of me while I pose.

"A just work mi a go unuh Nique mi nuh affi fix up so," I laugh. "Anyways thanks and send me those," I pick up my phone throwing it into my bag and pick up my car keys.

"Alright mommy later," I kiss her cheek staining it a bit with my lip gloss but she says nothing.

"Zid come now, Nique yuh have yuh key?" I shout from the living room.

"Yes mommy, oh by the way today mi a go town fi go check out the place," she says walking me to the door.

"Okay see yuh when mi she yuh babes, Zidane you ago tek taxi go school?" I shout not seeing any movements.

"Mi a come just a put on mi shoes," she shouts.

I leave and went to the car to drive out from the yard. I meet her at the gate and drive off once she was in.

I hand her a covered dish with chicken wraps and wings that I made this morning. "Mi know how yuh love lef out n nuh eat nothing not even tea. No wonder yuh have gas so often," I hand her the tea and she smiles.

"Thanks mommy," I pinch her cheek before focusing on the road.

Once at the gate I turn so that I won't be blocking the drive way. "Later babes, yuh have dance today?" I ask taking the empty dish and cup from her.

"Yea mi have clothes, later mommy love you," she blows a kiss before walking off.

I smile and drive off know heading to work.

It's been three months since I started working at St Jago high and it's been quite a journey. I still have some adjusting to do but I'm coming off to a good start.

The bell rings for classes and I head to my first class of the day.

I sit waiting as the students fill the classroom. My phone vibrates as I see a notification.

"I would like to see you again...soon,"

I raise a brow at the message wondering if I should text back or leave it until he comes straight and ready.

We ain't children so if he wants to meet up he needs to ready his shit and come well prepared.

"Then bestie a your man?"