---

The moon hung high in the night sky as Hollyberry Cookie made her way through the dimly lit halls of the castle while holding a warm babies bottle in one hand, hearing non stop cries in the distance only growing more in volume as she got closer. It had been a few days since the event of her granddaughters returning and her return as well, in which lead to the defeat of a certain reptilian cookie. The muscular cookie gently opened a door in the middle of the hallway and the crying could be heard coming from within.

Hollyberry sighed and wore a soft smile as she walked over to a rather large crib near the far end of the darkened room, only partly illuminated by the soft glow of a light pink nightlight near said crib. She soon reached the source of the persistent crying and gazed down upon the one making all the racket, and started to unhinge the cribs side. Pitaya Dragon Cookie continued to wail regardless as he held one of his most favorite stuffies tightly, with large tears running down the hatchlings cheeks as he buried his face into his pillow. It wasn't until he felt a hand rub his left shoulder that he finally opened his flooded eyes to see his Mommy looking down at him with a comforting expression.

" Hey there, kiddo.. what's with all the tears?.."

Hollyberry softly said while leaning into the crib to help the weepy dragon up, with Pitaya clinging to his Mommy as he buried his face into her shoulder. The pink haired cookie awed at this and gently bobbed him up and down as she held him close and made her way over to a very plush looking chair. There she sat and gently rocked the tiny hatchling and hummed a soothing melody, Pitayas tears began to dry and gained a small smile as he held onto his Mommy tightly, starting to feel himself calm down from his sobbing. Hearing her soothing heartbeat and singing, the little hatchling cooed and nuzzled into the pink haired cookies chest, feeling his whole body relax. Pitaya was quickly snapped out of his relaxed state by an odd feeling and sound coming from his tummy, though it actually made Hollyberry chuckle!

"Pfheheh, ya hungry?" She said with a smile

All Pitaya could do was let out a squeaky chirp as he stared up at his Mommy with large eyes, causing her to chuckle more and gave the hatchling a kiss on the head, in which made said hatchling giggle and kick his legs a bit. Hollyberry positioned Pitaya to where his head was elevated, and presented the warm bottle from earlier to the little dragon. The speckled haired hatchling squeaked and pawed at the bottle before latching onto the silicone teat and starting to suckle, making Hollyberry chuckle again, just unable to get over how goofy her little baby was being, but so glad he was starting to feel better from before. The tiny dragon chirped and swished his tail as he drank the warm milk, noticing the slightest hint of honey. Pitaya then let out a squeaky yawn after finishing up his bottle and rubbed his eyes, now starting to feel drowsy from how relaxed he was, Hollyberry then places another kiss on the tired hatchlings head before softly speaking.

" Hey, don't worry ok? I ain't going anywhere this time, Mommy's gonna stay right here with you, pip squeak... Mommy's gonna keep you safe and sound..." The ancient cookie said as she held her tiny bundle close while her forehead touched his.

The speckled haired cookie mewed and nuzzled in response, clinging to the red haired cookie even more. Hollyberry then slowly got up from the chair and made her way over to the changing table nearby, all while hugging her little one close, she then lied Pitaya down on the table and began to change the tiny dragons d1aper. This process only made the hatchling even more relaxed as he now was only the verge of falling asleep, as he sucked on his thumb and sleepily gazed up at the mobile above him, which had many different beads and plush animals strung onto it, there to distract Pitaya when he became tired of waiting for the change to be finished with.

Before the tiny hatchling knew it; Hollyberry had suited him in a fresh d1aper, which had blue and pink polka dots all over it. She lifted Pitaya back into her arms and started to walk back over to the crib, but he then stopped the courageous cookie when she was about to put him back down and softly asked...

" Mommy? C-Can I ssstay wif you tonight?..." The small hatchling said while staring up at his caregiver with big glossy eyes, that looked like they would start to tear up at any moment.

Hollyberry happily obliged and closed the crib back up, she then made her way out of the nursery with her tired baby in her arms. Soon enough the two made it back to the ancient cookies bedroom and Hollyberry placed Pitaya down on her bed, where he nuzzled and wiggled on the bed cover, chirping and just being a happy baby. The pink haired cookie placed the empty bottle and spare d1aper on her bedside table as she turned to see the hatchling settle into her bed, letting out a mix of a sigh and chuckle, just happy to see he was in much better spirits. Hollyberry then climbed back into her bed and rested down on her pillow, with Pitaya nuzzling himself next to the ancient cookie as he let out some chirps and squeaks. The pink haired cookie chuckled at the hatchlings snugglyness and held him close, and pulled the covers up to make sure her baby was warm.

" G'night Pitaya... I love ya so much..." She said with a kiss on the head, making the baby dragon coo in his sleep and nuzzle more into her chest. Hollyberry thought and was just happy everything ended peacefully, not just for tonight or the previous days, but for her small hatchling to be safe once again. She let out a yawn of her own and finally drifted off to sleep as well.