Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Hey, kid. Listen, when you get this...just, uh—call me. Stuff's went down and you should now about it." Bobby's voice was the only sound in the room besides the sound of Sam opening beer bottles and handing them to his companions sat in the hotel room's living room.

"Anything?" Sam asked as he handed a bottle to Bobby. He looked up at the youngest from his spot on the couch, his face fallen as he shakes his head.

"So, what were you doing around here if you weren't digging me out of my grave?" Dean asked as Sam sat down on the table in front of the two.

"Well, once I figured out I couldn't save you, um...I started hunting Lilith, trying to get some payback." Sam explained before he lifted the mouth of the bottle to his lips and took a slow sip.

"All by yourself?" Bobby asked, his voice incredulous. "Who do you think you are, your old man?"

"Uh..." Sam struggled to reply, "Yeah, I'm sorry, Bobby. I should have called. I was pretty messed up." Both Sam and Bobby's eyes followed Dean as he stood up and walked in between them. He reached down and picked up a white bra with lilac flowers that had been discarded haphazardly there.

"Uh, yeah. I really feel your pain." He spoke sarcastically as he turned and held up the bra for Sam to see, a smirk held on his face. Sam blushes as mortification settles heavily on his features. This causes Dean to chuckle as he walks back, throwing the bra back in its place.

"Anyways, uh, I was checking these demons out in Tennessee, and out of nowhere they took a hard left, booked up here." Sam tried to laugh of his embarrassment before he grew serious, drawing the conversation back to its previous contents.

"When?" Dean asked as soon as Sam finished speaking.

"Yesterday morning." Sam informed, bringing the beer bottle back to his lips and taking a sip.

"When I busted out..." Dean's gaze turned and bored into Bobby's.

"You think these demons are here 'cause of you?" Bobby asked, his eyebrows raising. Dean tilted his head as he looked to the floor, not confirming or denying Bobby's question.

"But why?" Sam asked.

"Well, I don't know. Some badass demon drags me out, and now this?" Dean's hand waves wildly near his lap as he speaks. "It's gotta be connected somehow."

"How you feeling, anyway?" Bobby asks with his eyes squinted, reading Dean. The eldest Winchester took a moment to think on it before shrugging,

"I'm a little hungry."

"No, I mean, do you feel like yourself? Anything strange or different?" Bobby continued to ask.

"Or demonic?" Dean added to Bobby's question, his voice disbelieving. Bobby simply tilted his head to the side. "Bobby, how many times do I have to prove I'm me?"

"Yeah, well, listen—no demon's letting you loose out of the goodness of their hearts. They gotta have something nasty planned."

"Well, I feel fine." Dean reassured the old man, his voice defeated and his shoulders slumped.

"Okay, look. We don't know what they're planning. We got a pile of questions and no shovel. We need help." Sam cut in, trying to smooth out the newfound tension in the room.

"Normally, we'd ask Ivy." Dean mumbled before taking a hard swig of his beer. Sam rolled his eyes and shook his head before he looked to the thoughtful eyes of Bobby,