four

The crowd was cheering as Rhea won the Smackdown Women's Championship against Charlotte, but you were silently hoping that she would get too busy to deal with you. Biting your lip, you nervously waited for her to come backstage - having been scheduled to interview the winner right after the match. But because it was her, you wished that you didn't have to conduct the interview.

Suddenly there was loud clapping from everyone backstage and you suddenly felt as if your head was going to explode. You wanted all the loud noise to stop, to quiet down. But it only got louder as Rhea made her way backstage.

Your interview wasn't scheduled for another thirty minutes, so you headed to the locker room to wash your face. You knew with one look; someone would know you weren't okay, and you didn't want that. You didn't want Rhea to think you were trying to tell someone.

You rushed to the locker room, only to be stopped by Dom. You took a deep breath, fighting the urge to break down and tell him what Rhea has done to you. But you still weren't sure if you could trust him - not wanting Rhea to find out you've told someone. You bit your lip, looking at Dom sheepishly as you waited for him to say something.

"You okay?" he asked. His voice was soft and in a way, comforting. You bit your lip, fighting the urge to tell him everything - you still weren't sure if you could trust him or not.

"Y-Yeah. I think I will be." you said, cursing yourself internally for your voice being shaky. You were nervous, not wanting to deal with Rhea any more.

"You sure? I hope you know I meant what I said and I know I keep repeating myself, but I want to make sure you really know. I'm here for you, (Your Name). Honest." Dom said, giving you a small smile. "You've seen what she did to me until I joined Judgement Day. I promise you that you're safe with me."

"I'm sorry you keep having to repeat, I'm-" you began to explain, but Dom stopped you.

"You don't have to explain, I understand why you'd be too nervous to open yourself up to me so quickly. How about this, how about I take you out to dinner tomorrow?" Dom suggested.

You chewed on your bottom lip, contemplating your answer before asking, "But what about Rhea?"

"She's going to be going out with Finn and Damian, I told them that I was going to stay in for the night." Dom informed you, causing you to nod.

"I just..." you trailed off.

Dom nodded, "How about this, you sleep on it and give me an answer tomorrow? I won't be mad or upset if you say 'no', but I'd rather you think about it before you do."

"Alright. I'll let you know by noon. You promise that you won't be angry if I decide to say no?" you questioned, wanting to double check.

"I promise."

———

After the interview, you rushed back to your hotel room. Thanking yourself for not bringing anything extra - not wanting Rhea to get a chance to get you alone. All throughout the interview, Rhea would step closer to you, but that was as far as she went. You soon realized that people were around you, so she didn't do anything too drastic.