(FINALE OF BOOK TWO) Chapter 29 - Home

Seth

A huge pang exploded within my chest. I dropped my champagne glass and it shattered into pieces. 

"Seth! Are you alright?" asked Mom, reaching over to me. She turned to Charlie, "I told you not to give him alcohol!" she said accusatorily.

Charlie barely heard her, staring into the distance where Bella and Edward stood, a perfectly handsome couple. His eyes were watery and his bottom lip under his moustache trembled.

"My baby's all grown up," he said sadly

"Oh for heaven's sake, Charlie!" said mom smacking him lightly on his shoulder, "Its not like she's moving away!"

"Mom, I'm fine, I'm just gonna take a little walk for fresh air." I said gesturing towards the back of the Cullen's house.

She let me leave.

I stood at the border of the forest, sighing heavily. The whole wedding had been a success but I hadn't seen Neveah even though Carlisle had said she was coming. He and Esme had been worried too, but the festivities of the day had them occupied all of the day.

I rubbed my chest where the memory of the pain lingered. 

Maybe I ate too fast, I thought to myself. 

The sounds of glass clinking behind me in preparation of a speech caught my attention momentarily. I considered going back, but the presence of so many vampires, and so many people who knew Neveah and Tristan was too much for me to bear. 

I squatted down and buried my head into my arms clasping the moment of solace I had right then and there.

A couple minutes went by and then...

Something snapped in the woods. I stood up quickly, on guard.

Slowly, a girl emerged. Her face was dirty, painted with mud and her hair contained shreds of leaves. She was clutching a suitcase and trembling, not due to the cold, but something else. I smelled it, fear.

I barely noticed any of these factors. All I could see was the most beautiful love of my life in front of me.

"S-seth?" asked Neveah

I strode forward, pulling her into a tight hug that I swore to myself I would never let go of.

"Nevie," I said into her shoulder.

I felt her shudder as she clasped me back and sobbed into my chest. The tugging in my heart came back, more powerful, and more beautiful than ever before.

~~~

End of Midnight Moon - Book Two

Witching Hour Moon - Third Book, Coming Soon