3(1/2)

Chapter 3: Whispers in the Night

Every night, under the sprawling branches of the tree he had planted in memory of his mother, Ethan found solace in solitude. The moon's gentle glow cast a silver sheen over the leaves, creating a serene canopy under which Ethan would often lie, lost in his thoughts.

To Ethan, it felt as though the rustle of leaves and the soft whispers of the wind were echoes of his mother's presence. He would speak to the tree, pouring out his heart in words that only the night could hear. In those quiet moments, the tree became a silent confidant, a tangible link to the love he had lost.

But one night, as Ethan lay beneath the tree, a storm brewed within him. The weight of grief and unanswered questions bore down on his young shoulders, and he found himself questioning the heavens above.

"God," Ethan's voice trembled with emotion, "why did you take her? Why did you take my mom away from me? I hate you!"

His words echoed into the night, a raw outpouring of pain and anger that had simmered beneath the surface for too long. Tears streamed down Ethan's cheeks, mingling with the rain that began to fall, as if the skies themselves wept alongside him.

In that moment of vulnerability and despair, Ethan's faith wavered, shaken by the cruel twist of fate that had torn his world asunder. He felt adrift, alone in a universe that seemed indifferent to his suffering.

As the storm raged on, Ethan's cries of anguish became a poignant symphony of grief, a heartrending lament for the mother he had loved so dearly. And in the midst of his pain, a seed of doubt took root, challenging the very foundation of his beliefs.

For Ethan, it was a night of reckoning, a soul-searching journey into the depths of his heart where love and loss intertwined in a tangled web of emotions. And as he cried out into the unforgiving night, he wondered if his words would ever reach the heavens above.

[To be continued...]